Wiring harness and drive shaft for trade

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Grendle

Wiring harness and drive shaft for trade

Post by Grendle »

I have a what looks like a full wiring harness from an 87 (I'm going off the other spare parts that came with my car for the year), as well as a drive shaft. I generally hang on to parts I only have one spare of, but in case anyone is interested and has parts to trade, I thought I'd post them here. Things I'm looking for at the moment are in this post: viewtopic.php?t=15728. If you really need one or the other, send me a message and we can definitely discuss.

I'll update this if I go through the harness and catch any cuts/ brittle wires / differences from the one I'm running now, but at first glance it looks clean and complete.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Wiring harness and drive shaft for trade

Post by Petros »

if the u-joints and the center carrier bearing are good, you might consider keeping the drive shaft as a spare. when those parts wear out they are hard to find replacements.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Grendle

Re: Wiring harness and drive shaft for trade

Post by Grendle »

Thanks for the tip. My other toy is an 87 4wd Toyota Van, and the general consensus on those is to go with a new PowerTrain driveshaft if you end up needing to replace yours. They also make a replacement for the Tercel, and, at least on the vans, have a good reputation for using beefier/easily replaceable U-joints. I figure if the time comes, I'll call them up and get one of theirs.