1987 4WD Van - WTT for 4WD Manual Wagon

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
Grendle

1987 4WD Van - WTT for 4WD Manual Wagon

Post by Grendle »

Hi,

If there's a better place to post this, please let me know. I did scan the readme and noticed other wanted ads in this section, so hopefully it's good.

I don't have a wagon yet, but I'm looking for one, and figured this would be a good place to start. have a 1987 Toyota 4x4 auto van with 250K miles that I'd like to trade for a manual 4x4 wagon. The van is may daily driver, runs well, has a clean interior, is dented along the passenger side column between front and side doors, and has a slightly mismatched sliding door and fully mismatched rear hatch. It's a fun weird Toyota, but I really want a fun weird Toyota with a manual transmission, and haven't had any luck finding a donor van to swap with.

If anyone is interested in a trade, please shoot me a reply or pm. I'm located in Dallas, but recently drove it out to Phoenix and back, so I'd be willing to drive a ways to make the trade happen if we come to a pretty firm arrangement ahead of time. Value wise vans in decent condition seem to sell for a bit more than wagons in decent condition, so I figure something in similar shape or that matches a bit better on the outside probably would be reasonable and preferable, but I mostly just want to enjoy my drive at least as much as I do now, so I'm open to whatever fits that bill.

Depending on the trade, comes with a new roof basket and awning as well as my pick and pull spare parts stash.

Thanks,
Taylor
IMG_0719 (1).jpg
IMG_0650.jpg
IMG_0812.jpg
IMG_0814.jpg
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: 1987 4WD Van - WTT for 4WD Manual Wagon

Post by Mattel »

Great looking van and probably worth a lot more in the north west. would make a great camper project for someone. There are a couple of memebers on here with them if you do a search. No problem with putting it up here for offer! good luck!
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Neat van and neat offer, I imagine somebody will be interested.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Grendle

Post by Grendle »

Thanks! I'm currently in the process of adding some sound deadening to offset the mud tire noise. So far so good; next areas are the passenger side engine bay, and possibly doors if it looks like I won't need to re-order panel clips after pulling. My theory on old trim is don't pull it out until you need to.
Grendle

Post by Grendle »

A quick update - I just bought a wagon; I think I'm still up for a trade, but definitely less up for another road trip.