4x4 tires 13"?

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
simon guey
My tercel:: 85sr5

4x4 tires 13"?

Post by simon guey »

just ran across these tires browsing the web..
https://www.omni-united.com/radar/renegade-classic
a usa retailer for $49 each
https://www.performanceplustire.com/tir ... ts:145-13/
do these fit same rims as 155/80r13? they call them 145r13. just wondering if they would fit.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: 4x4 tires 13"?

Post by Petros »

they should fit the stock wheels fine, I would go with a large size if available to match the rolling dia (or even slightly larger to improve the ground clearance under the car).

Those look like they would make great winter tires. But they would be rather noisy I suspect on pavement, and not very economical compared to a good M&S rated road tire, they would like also wear out fairly fast. You are lucky to find a 13" snow tire, not common anymore (the listing says for "vintage 4x4 vehicles"), and I am not familiar with that brand, listing says they are made in Singapore. Price is remarkable low.

As a winter tire not a bad way to go, and you can get yourself some nice 14" or 15" alloy wheels with some decent road tires for the rest of the year.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

Looks like insufficient load index and speed rating. Not sure exactly what came on our cars but all my catalogs say 82 load index and T speed for stock size tires. Maybe ok for a trail beater.

NOTHING beats snow tires. General Arctic12's are awesome but not available in 195/70r14 anymore, 185's are the biggest they go in 14's.
simon guey
My tercel:: 85sr5

Post by simon guey »

I actually have 155/80r15 on my currently broken t4wd.
thinking of swapping them to the 79 corolla just discovered the corolla is 4x114.3 ..feel stupid rn.
thanks for the replies. i have some 14" rims also but 4x100... thought i could do some switcheroos
between the two but a no go unless i get the multi lug rims in the future.