Looking for a 1996 Tercel

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
Tercie324
My tercel:: I am looking for one...

Looking for a 1996 Tercel

Post by Tercie324 »

I will try to keep this simple but I think if anyone can understand, it's fellow Tercel lovers. In short, I am looking for a 1996 Tercel. I am located on Long Island, NY but I am willing to travel anywhere up and down the east coast in order to find one. Many searches have been unsuccessful and I don't know if I'm not looking in the right places or if there isn't much out there, but glad I found you all in the process.

I have been trying to track down the actual Tercel that made me fall in love with the car, but after hiring a private investigator (yes, I am that serious about finding it) and some dead ends, I am not sure getting the original back is possible. It is still on the road but the story is complex (PM if interested in the boring details lol) which lead me to the decision that if I can't have the original, I'd like to find another one just like it.

So, I would like to find another 1996 Tercel that I know I would love just as much. I've tried the usual websites (eBay, autotrader, craigslist, cargurus) and I can't seem to find a 96 anywhere near me. I am not picky about color (I plan to get it painted white if it isn't already) or mileage, just prefer something that runs (and is automatic). It's weird that I can't find anything on craigslist either. Any tips?

Thanks for your time and appreciate any tips/suggestions you may have!
TLCriders
My tercel:: 1984

Re: Looking for a 1996 Tercel

Post by TLCriders »

Have one for sale I’m in California
Call me 3108775959
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: Looking for a 1996 Tercel

Post by Mattel »

Have you looked at various facebook Tercel pages?
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms