Official Toyota 1985 Tercel Repair Manual

Post here about...well...anything!
ALiveSR5
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: Was a stock 1985, SR5, 4WD, 6-speed manual, Wagon.

Official Toyota 1985 Tercel Repair Manual

Post by ALiveSR5 »

Being new to this group and having read through several of your posts, old and recent, I quickly realized that you folks are light years ahead of me, with your knowledge and experience with the Tercel.

What has impressed me the most is the creativity, ingenuity, and sharing among the members - amazing and wonderful things to see, in this day.

I was fortunate that my Tercel was well-maintained by the previous owner. Aside from oil changes, there was not much that it needed for several years. As more maintenance was needed, I relied on my previous mechanical knowledge and experience as the foundation to learn about the Tercel. I could not believe how much easier working on my Tercel was, as compared to other vehicles I worked on.

Since my mechanical knowledge is limited to basics and routine kind of things and I did not have access to knowledgeable folks like you, I found the Official Toyota 1985 Tercel Repair Manual to be a handy reference. I doubt that any of you would likely need it but, if anyone in this group gets stuck on something, after researching the excellent posts here and/or elsewhere, I would be willing to scan and post a few pictures/pages from this Repair Manual to help you move forward with your project (at least for as long as I have the manual and am still here to do so).
~
Tercel1985RepairManualCover.jpg
~
Best wishes to all of you and your Tercel-inspired adventures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No other vehicle that I have ever owned had a heart and soul like my 1985 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon. :D
~
Great minds may think alike but it is the doers who see their visions become reality. :?
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Official Toyota 1985 Tercel Repair Manual

Post by NWMO »

Here is a PDF version we have a link to in the General tab “Library of Links”

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8103

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

And we need to find a better way to share some of the awesome info here. Check out this library of links to Robert’s repair videos!! And I’ve only linked about half of what he has out there, the balance is on my to do list.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15027

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
ALiveSR5
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: Was a stock 1985, SR5, 4WD, 6-speed manual, Wagon.

Post by ALiveSR5 »

NWMO wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:01 pm Here is a PDF version we have a link to in the General tab “Library of Links”

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8103

Chris
Whew! That gets me off the hook - scanning that entire manual page by page would have been a daunting task.

Like I said, you folks are light years ahead of me.

Lots of great resources here but, more importantly, the sharing of wisdom from member experiences.

The Tercel 4WD is simply AWESOME :!: And, apparently, are many of the owners. :wink:
No other vehicle that I have ever owned had a heart and soul like my 1985 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon. :D
~
Great minds may think alike but it is the doers who see their visions become reality. :?