Sprinter Carib 6sp Trans exploded part numbers

This is a forum JUST for posting part numbers.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: Sprinter Carib 6sp Trans exploded part numbers

Post by Mattel »

Hi Abra. I have not heard of any other Toyota with this sort of 6 speed transmission of that era. However it was one of only a few parts they developed especially for this car... all the rest were from other toyotas such as the rear drivetrain was from the corolla of the time and hence it has a narrower track than the front
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Sprinter Carib 6sp Trans exploded part numbers

Post by Petros »

I do not see our input shaft configuration on this. the gear clusters may be the same, but the input shaft configuration was used in the fwd tercel from 1981 (first genration), until the discontued the 4wd wagon in model year 1988. As I understand the rear transfer case to power the rear wheels is unique to the 4wd wagon ('83-88 model years).

that illustration looks like the transvers engine and trans installation that became effective for the fwd models in model year 1987.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)