i got madly bogged in mud

Post here about...well...anything!
nathan fisscher

Post by nathan fisscher »

i got madly bogged in mud on the weekend it was raining a few days before and i thourght that hey i fell like going 4wding so whent to my mates place picked him up and whent for a wild ride but got stuck in mud yeh it was kind of embarasing but i had to walk about five KM to a persons house and get my younger brother to get me out with the hilux. it was down to the diff and that was deep but we got out so dont go alone when you go 4wding take a mate or get some one else that has a 4wd and get them to gome along with you

tell your embarasing storys what mistrif you guys get up to in your hells bells tercels
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

I've gotten Hornbeam stuck more times than I can remember. :D
If you want embarrassing, how about the time my friend and I got it stuck in mud and then pulled it out with a 2WD '87 Tercel? The '87 (with the lovely 3E engine) was on drier ground, by the way. :lol:
nathan fisscher

Post by nathan fisscher »

when my brother first got his P's he whent down the road with his commodore (holden) and he thought lets get it out side ways well he did but slamed in to a tree
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

I ot the Terc sideways at 55mph on dry pavement yesterday. Luckily I had 2 friends on the inside side, so it was a great lesson in drifting control.

I took a friend through a construction site mudhole that was 6 inches deep with my bad tires. Went right on truckin through. Key things- Do not take sharp turns, DO NOT STOP!!!!
I had baseball sized globs of mud on my roof... That was a very memorable moment.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Typrus....

I'm just wondering what you are going to repair next...what with jumping ditches and getting sideways on dry pavement....will it NEVER end?????? :D B)

.......slow down?

Of course I've had my fun here and there...but I'm still here (sort of) to tell about it..... <_<
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

I typically go 5 over. There are select situations where I go fast enough that the car scares me. Believe me, when you do not want it to happen, its terrifying to suddenly be facing the wrong way. Its fun as hell if you mean for it to happen though. The good thing though is that I've been properly educated on how to brake and steer right in a skid situation. For that drift I did, I seriously doubt I'll be doing that again in this car. That was not natural. Good thing is I have crappy tires, so they give out before the higher C.o.G. starts moving into a roll.
Jumping will advance further once the new springs and shocks/struts are in.

My alignment is not changed at all. My camber hasn't changed. I HAVE scraped my exhaust pipe heat shield though. I see absolutely nothing else scraped or bent underneith. Again, these cars are far stronger than might be thought.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew