My new to me 87 sr5

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: My new to me 87 sr5

Post by dlb »

i know, i felt like a d*ck posting pics on someone elses thread but they seemed legitimately applicable so i went for it. not surprisingly, it's all the drifters who give my car some good looks. i think they just get psyched about flashy looking japanese cars. no challenges yet though! wimps.
ib6ub9
My tercel:: 1987

Post by ib6ub9 »

Heh DCN

Yup It's Dani. I posted a pic with the corolla in the background cause I thought you would recognise it. Of course you weren't that old when I raced it.. Didn't he paint the Celica. I can remember him saying he was gonna and me saying no way to leave it, But like I say I havn't seen it live since the races in Maitland and that wasn't yesterday....He doesn't drive it enough... he should take it to Greenfield drags and give er. Maybe I'll have the Corolla ready to line up with him next year. How much damage was done to the green machine. I haven't seen him the wife and dog going in it lately.

cheers
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

Yeah, I thought that was the old "TT" in the background there, Dad confirmed it. As for the accident it crumpled the back tailgate in and wrecked the bank machine. Of the three cars involved theirs was the only one to leave under its own power. Dad has it temporarily fixed pretty quickly, some sheet metal skills had the tailgate closing as it should within an hour or 2.

The Celica's still original paint, and he should drive it more you're right. Do you still need pics of the wheels, david? I might have something around here but not sure. They're polished Supra wheels if that helps ya picture them in the meantime.

Found something, think this is the best I've got:
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

those are tight!!!!!! a little too street machine for my ride but so muscular, obv.