1983 Tercel Parts for Sale/ New User

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
margotK
My tercel:: 1986 Tercel 4wd 1.5L

1983 Tercel Parts for Sale/ New User

Post by margotK »

Hey folks,
I have been following this forum for a couple of years but have finally decided to join. I bought my 1986 Tercel a little over 4 years ago now, and it has been an amazing car as well as a learning lesson for when something fails. The reason that I am posting in this area though is that in the past month, a 1983 Tercel 4wd has fallen into my hands, that unfortunately has met its end. The car is almost completely intact, with a few exceptions. I am new to this forum and not quite sure how it fully works for members (have only followed up until today).

If anybody is looking for anything specific, I would be more than happy to try my best to help all of you out. I am currently just cataloging everything that is being pulled from the car so I can tell people if I still have what they are looking for. I will be posting parts for sale as well on craigslist. If you are looking for anything specific, feel free to PM me, or on this thread. Thanks guys, I'm excited to finally be a part of this forum!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: 1983 Tercel Parts for Sale/ New User

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Welcome to the Club!
Your enthusiasm is matched by most of us!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
emac5422
My tercel:: 1983 tercel 4wd wagon

Post by emac5422 »

Hi, I have a 83 Tercel 4x4 and she needs a manual transmission. Can you help? Thank you
84sr54wd
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1984 sr5 4wd

Post by 84sr54wd »

I have a 1984 Tercel 4x4 wagon that I have mechanically restored....my body is in excellent shape but my rear liftgate has some sheet metal damage that is going to be hard to correct and maintain the lower body line. I am looking for a donor liftgate that is in great shape metal-wise (no rust) but that I can completely gut and redo painting inside and out and transferring everything from mine to the new one. Would you have a good liftgate on your 83? Please let me know.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

@ 84sr54wd:
When you do the rehab on the new hatch - see viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6917&hilit=hatch
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
margotK
My tercel:: 1986 Tercel 4wd 1.5L

Post by margotK »

emac5422 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:24 pm Hi, I have a 83 Tercel 4x4 and she needs a manual transmission. Can you help? Thank you
I still have the transmission. If you want to private message me, I can give you more details.
Jojo
My tercel:: 1986 4wd

Post by Jojo »

What about 3A engine cylinder head?