TOYOTA OE PART NUMBERS - EPC

This is a forum JUST for posting part numbers.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

TOYOTA OE PART NUMBERS - EPC

Post by ARCHINSTL »

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/

XLNT source for OE part numbers and exploded drawings!

Thanks to brian_wildcard for providing the link!
Tom M.
> > > EDIT : < < <
> > > See below info from garyfish < < <
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

Re: TOYOTA OE PART NUMBERS - EPC

Post by garyfish »

A few days ago, I tried accessing the ToyoDIY.com website and couldn't. Today I got on, but the diagrams accompanying the parts listings are gone! :?

Here's the official explanation, from their home page:

Site news:
6 December, 2009
The diagrams are no longer available on this site. For reasons that are beyond our comprehension, Toyota Motor Sales Inc. kept harrassing our ISP about them. It seems that they are really interested in quick profits from new car sales, so it is in their best interest that old cars fall apart asap.

The progress of course cannot be stopped, and the diagrams are available on numerous other websites around the world, so we feel this change will not have a significant negative impact on Toyota DIY-ers. For example google something like 78-01 ACCELERATOR LINK 78111C, and you shall find it.

Contact us if you are a Toyota dealer, need help or have any other question about this change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So... I did some looking, and found a GREAT site that's new to me -- http://www.toyotapartszone.com/

They not only have all the OEM parts listings and the invaluable diagrams, but you can order parts from them directly -- and their prices are very good! Almost as low as Butler Toyota -- https://www.toyotaoemparts.com/
According to a quick cost comparison I did with a recent order I made via Butler Toy: $89.68 vs. $97.81 -- for rubber bushings and steel washers/spacers/collars associated with the connection between the front sway bar and the lower control arm... the difference in price being the tax added by toyotapartszone.com

I did my searches after entering the VIN of my T4WD... but you can also search their Tercel parts by year at
> > > NOTE BELOW NEW ADDRESS < < <
> > > http://www.toyotapartszone.com/genuine/ ... parts.html < < <
> > > NOTE ABOVE NEW ADDRESS < < <
To order parts, you click on the OEM part numbers within each diagram -- and a table appears below with the part description and its availability, production dates (haven't seen that anywhere else before!), and the discounted price. Very cool, and an easy-to-navigate interface. Check it out!
1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Wow!
Thanks for the work, Gary.
The diagrams were invaluable - glad you found an alternative source. I may have to try to figure a way to save them.
It does seem pretty horsey of Toy to force the removal of them. Geez - our newest car is 21 years old. It seems pretty implausible that someone will rush right out and buy a Yaris if no drawing is available for a T4WD heater.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

To all -
I would suggest copying and saving somewhere in your own 'puter the above link, http://www.toyotapartszone.com/genuine/ ... parts.html - just in case of an outage of some type or server death or ___.
Ditto on the FSM on our site. These are invaluable - sometimes I think the EPC almost more so than the FSM.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

For ? reason, the exploded diagrams for parts is no longer available - at least I could not discover them. The parts' numbers were there, but not the drawings. Can anyone else discover a way in? I also tried entering the VIN number, as before, but that did not work either.
A shame - this was a GREAT asset.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

Post by garyfish »

GREAT news... the ToyotaPartsZone.com enhanced catalog with diagrams IS BACK!!!
http://www.toyotapartszone.com/

Just got this e-mail from them:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for using Toyotapartszone.com for your Genuine Toyota Parts & Accessories source.

As you know, our website was under modification for some time. We thank you for your understanding and patience.

We would like to inform you that the modification on Toyotapartszone.com is completed. With our improved catalog, you can conveniently access all parts information including illustrations and diagrams by clicking on the "Get Info" link above the parts listing.

Your satisfaction is always our # 1 priority and you can now enjoy shopping for Genuine Toyota Parts & Accessories at the lowest price and save up to 29% off MSRP at Toyotapartszone.com.

If you have any questions or need assistance please contact us at 1-877-798-7428 or service@toyotapartszone.com.

Once again, thank you for your continued support. Please have a wonderful July 4th weekend.

Best regards,

Toyotapartszone.com
1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Thank you, garyfish!
It's a little more awkward than before - but still INVALUABLE !
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
terrytercel
My tercel:: 1986 SR5 1984

Post by terrytercel »

Would be handy if the most current (latest) post could be at top of topic,
just been searching for parts listings...
stil learning how to navigater tercel4wd.com forum site.
thank you thank you.
jEN
Upside Under on TOP
Australia
terrytercel
My tercel:: 1986 SR5 1984

Post by terrytercel »

how learnning navigation of site, 'select' decending to display post..
jEN
SinusoidalTendencies
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 87 4wd wagon

Post by SinusoidalTendencies »

http://www.toyotapartszone.com/ ...DNS error. No longer found on server.

bummer
I don't always learn my lesson.
But when i do, it's the hard way.
slimdude85
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1981 Toyota Tercel

Post by slimdude85 »

You can use this site:

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/locate?c=Toyota

Just plug in your VIN, and it narrows down to your vehicle. The diagrams also have the call out numbers selectable, so you can click on the number by the part and it will bring up a box with the part number, availability, etc. I’ve used it multiple times.
Do not be afraid of sudden fear nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:25-26

I have learned to kiss the wave that slams me into the Rock of Ages. -C.H. Spurgeon