OE Steering Rack Mounts & Numbers

This is a forum JUST for posting part numbers.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: OE Steering Rack Mounts & Numbers

Post by ARCHINSTL »

@ Mad_Marx:
ARCHINSTL wrote:EDIT - I just discovered that these are the same as on (at least) Gen I Mr2s (AW11).
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Post by Mad_Marx »

Awesome, thanks. My local Toyota dealership listed the 1st gen mr2 part. I ordered that, I'll find out for sure next week.
Jonymoto
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983, DLX 4wd wagon with 4.1 manual gearbox, tow bar). Manual steering. 313,000 kms. Tercel 4WD SR5, 1987, 500,000kms. Other car - 2003 Rav4, AWD, 2l manual, Peugeot 407 Diesel (93,000 miles) in Ireland for use when on holiday there.

Post by Jonymoto »

I was able to buy the D shape bushing from Toyota in Oz as well, but not the round one. Fortunately mine is still in good condition, but If you guys know where to get one, please post it on this site. I've almost replaced all the under carriage rubber bushings on my Tercel.
When you lose, don't lose the lesson - The Dalai Lama
white_raven
My tercel:: 1987 toyota tercel 4wd

Post by white_raven »

in the process of converting mine to manual a manual rack I discovered ae86 rack bushings also work.
which means you can get poly's too!