Another Movie Sighting...

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Re: Another Movie Sighting...

Post by dcn »

I haven't been, looks like it's JUST across the border. I actually had to look it up, I knew of it but just not where in New Brunswick it was. As far as washing other peoples cars, I gave that up when I left the Mazda dealership I worked at during school hehe. Might make an exception for a Tercel Wagon though.
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

dcn wrote:I haven't been, looks like it's JUST across the border. I actually had to look it up, I knew of it but just not where in New Brunswick it was. As far as washing other peoples cars, I gave that up when I left the Mazda dealership I worked at during school hehe. Might make an exception for a Tercel Wagon though.

Wow! :) Cool story bro! :)
K-Business
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

The 1980s movie Murphy's Romance with James Garner (from The Rockford Files) has a copper or maroon Tercel wagon, (not sure if 2WD or 4WD), driving in AZ town plaza somewhat before James Garner enters the scene for the first time... There is also a creme Tercel 3-Door HB Coupe driving past James Garner (Murphy in movie) and his friends on street bench next to movie theater..This Tercel drives behind them towards the right of the direction they are facing...

There is also a Tercel wagon, I think, in a Murder, She Wrote episode...It may have been the Death By Demographics episode..I'm not positive! :(
K-Business
Ridlbox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel SR 5 custom aluminum rims 4 a motor custom rims Bluetooth stereo system

Post by Ridlbox »

So I found this one on the television show king of queens not sure if it's the four-wheel-drive or the 2 Will Dr.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
i will find a tercel in a music video
That's my new goal 8)
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

looks like 2wd, that looks like the fuel filler lock next to his butt, on the wrong side of the car for the 4wd.

studios pick the car based on the kind of personality they want the character to have, in this case it is usually kind of nerdy, perhaps low income/economy minded (he is a UPS driver in the show).
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Sunburst96
My tercel:: 1983 4wd SR5 faded red(daily driver), 1983 4wd SR5 Silver-blue(not running), 1985 4wd SR5 Matte Black(needs repairs), 1984 4wd SR5 White(parked)

Post by Sunburst96 »

Watching Back to the Future and noticed this row of wagons, no Tercels but i think a couple of corollas and... the disputable subarus :roll:
Screenshot_2015-10-16-21-14-06 (1280x720).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He looked at his hands, he felt his body, and he heard his own voice say. "I am made of light, I am made of stars." ―Don Miguel Ruiz
1983 4WD SR5 "Old Red" Sun-faded red (Daily Driver)
1983 4WD SR5 "Frank" Sliver-Blue
1984 4WD SR5, White, (previously t-boned) still runs
1985 4WD SR5, Rhino Lined Black
drege
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: Hadatercel

Post by drege »

Found one, thought I stop in and share.
Watching hackers from 1995 I found this
vlcsnap-2015-11-15-01h54m27s369.png
right as cereal killer and lord nikon are stealing telcom manual and linesman geddup, tercel wagon rounds the bend.
EDIT Another it seems
vlcsnap-2015-11-15-02h20m41s024.png
It takes more fossil fuel resources to produce new vehicles than it would take to maintain and fuel any 70's or 80's vehicle for a million miles.
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

Here's one from License to Drive. Watched with my wife last eve (we like 80's movies so it's great for trolling for Tercs!) and since it came out in '88 I KNEW there was one somewhere. Toward the end, sure enough:

And another in a sort of Zombie (?) movie called Open Grave. My friend caught this one and sent it to me. Not even the end of civilization stopped this Tercel :):

Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

I believe Magnum P.I.'s episode "Death and Taxes" has a white or creme T4wd driving towards the right of the screen before Magnum finds the puzzler and guns him down...
K-Business
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

dcn, sorry for the late reply, but I just discovered MotorWeek on YouTube just recently uploaded the Road Test vid to our car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNKAGRHJi7Y

God bless these cars!
K-Business
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

Just spotted one this weekend, less than 10 minutes in to Maximum Overdrive.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

splatterdog wrote:Just spotted one this weekend, less than 10 minutes in to Maximum Overdrive.
it's hilarious that you don't get enough of cars working on them all day so you have to watch movies about them too. some might say you're obsessed! (or just a typical man)

on a similar note, a pal and i have been slowly watching all the stephen king horror flicks we didn't see when we were kids. we watched the lawnmower man last week. it was godawful. episode 2 of the stephen king-directed, made-for-tv version of the shining is next on the list.

god help us.
Mark
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1984 Automatic, 1981 sedan

Post by Mark »

I remember when I was a kid watching Stephen King's Pet Cemetery and I thought it was the scariest thing I've ever seen. I saw a bit of it more recently and I couldn't believe how cheesy it was. I think the only horror ones that are still sort-of respected today are The Shining and maybe Carrie.
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

Appears at 3:50- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgkvaKe1Wes

I've seen the stunt performed at 9:20 with a gas pump! Pure human error on that one..
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

Mark wrote:I remember when I was a kid watching Stephen King's Pet Cemetery and I thought it was the scariest thing I've ever seen. I saw a bit of it more recently and I couldn't believe how cheesy it was. I think the only horror ones that are still sort-of respected today are The Shining and maybe Carrie.
i was terrified of pet semetary (sic) as a kid too, and while it's certainly not scary as an adult, i still think it's pretty fun. i love the ghost of the massive head wound guy.

the shining (kubrick's version, of course) is one of my fave flicks of all time. i'm still terrified by it but it's as much of a psychological thriller as it is a horror. carrie is pretty good but it's more of a standard horror.

i actually just re-watched the exorcist last week for the bazillionth time and it's still the scariest movie i've ever seen. it's fantastic.

sorry, super super off topic but i can't resist horror movie talk.