Polyurethane Bushings & Part Numbers

This is a forum JUST for posting part numbers.
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Polyurethane Bushings & Part Numbers

Post by Mad_Marx »

Found this site today, thought I'd pass it on...

http://toyheadauto.com/PerformancePages ... hings.html
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Re: Polyurethane Bushings & Part Numbers

Post by SynthDesign »

Nice post. I spent a bit of time looking over their selection for our T4WD. Some seem pretty spendy but it's nice to see we have some sportier options.
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

i could do a run, but i have no one to deliver them in the us i have shure a 75 and shure a 95, which could be interpreted as street and race
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Post by Mad_Marx »

received a set of Polyurethane sway bar end link bushings with new tubes from toyotaheadauto.com this week. Parts came from Australia, package name is "Super Pro" and lists the website http://www.superpropoly.com.

They came with a 3 year 30,000 mile Australian Warranty (only valid if those miles are on Australian Roads).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robinson
My tercel:: 2x red manual 1986 4wd, 1 standard, air con, 1 lift kit, 14inch rims, 4AGE engine. 1 +1987 4wd blue for spares

Post by Robinson »

How much did they cost for the bushes? How are they?
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member

Post by Mad_Marx »

The complete set with 4 bushings and two tubes was $52.80. They are much stiffer than the factory rubber, I'm very happy with the results, but as you can see from the pictures, the old bushings and tubes were trashed.
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

Just got a set(frame and end bushings). They look good and are about the same price as OE. The sleeves are much thicker than the stock ones. I had to use a donor bar as one end stub was half gone. Can't believe the bar from the recently rust killed 84 was still useable. I had done end bushings on that one about 100k ago. The sleeves on them were toast though. Bushings were not great, but not totally shot either. I think the thicker sleeves with the poly's will make it last much,much longer. End stubs were slathered in synthetic grease. I did also replace the large washers and lock nuts with OE.

My order was handled quickly and I got them 4 days later. All around thumbs up here.
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

Post by garyfish »

Mad_Marx wrote:Found this site today, thought I'd pass it on...

http://toyheadauto.com/PerformancePages ... hings.html
I emailed Rick Dormoi, the main guy at Toyhead Auto Restoration Services, inquiring about the availability of SuperPro kit 1064K -- the 4 polyurethane bushings and 2 steel collars for the sway bar to control arm end link...

and he wrote back: "Sorry we do not have these in stock and will not anytime soon."

damn :cry:

but, the 1064K SuperPro kit is available on eBay from an Australian supplier, at a cost of about $43.25 US + $23.51 shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Tercel-4 ... 53fe924f01
1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016
c_j
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: T4WD#4: '86 SR5 6-speed, original Barto lift & steel bumpers & winch, also 95Amp alternator

Post by c_j »

I put in an inquiry to SuperPro and will wait to see what they say.
BrownBadger
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD Tercel SR5 - The Brown Badger

Post by BrownBadger »

I got mine from energysuspensionparts.com . Had a few week lead time as they had to dropship them from AU.
lannvouivre
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 2006 Pontiac Vibe

Post by lannvouivre »

Is there a po' boy version of SPF2178-16K (rear shock bushings)? The old ones on ours will probably be contaminated with oil, and it would be better to just get new ones so I don't have to worry about ruining the old ones.

EDIT: Going to try Febest 90385-16001
But...did you try hitting it with a hammer?
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member

Post by Mad_Marx »

Update to this, you can find all the polyurethane bushings for the Tercel 4WD here www.superpro.com.au/ the Ausie site lists our cars. The North American website is www.superpro-usa.com (but does not list our cars), however I sent an email and got a quick response and referral to their distributor in the US.

www.fatinc.com

If you contact them, they will provide prices with part numbers for front and rear suspension parts.

Foreign Auto Tech, Inc.
1583 El Camino Real
Millbrae, CA 94030-1213

Sales: sales@fatinc.com

(650) 589-3100 Voice
(650) 589-3130 Fax

this is still an expensive upgrade, rubber parts are much cheaper and most likely available over the counter at your local auto parts store.
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

When I got a set from toyhead, they were in the same ballpark as oe. I liked the solid sleeve vs. the stamped/rolled oe spacer. Around here, the sleeve goes first..
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Post by SynthDesign »

I've had great luck so far with the Toyhead bushings myself 30k miles and counting. Actually less squeak than the prothane I had previously run.
http://toyheadauto.com/PerformancePages ... Tercel_4x4_

I recently installed a set of SuperPro Bushings all the way around on a 95 Mazda RX7. Very nice quality. We'll find out how they handle after a season of autoX
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
lannvouivre
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 2006 Pontiac Vibe

Post by lannvouivre »

Anyone know of a size for the outer tie rod dust boots? It'd be nice to have nicer versions of those.
But...did you try hitting it with a hammer?