seat and upholstery (seat cover) removal

Here's some good repair guides for your Tercel :) Look here for help first!
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Re: seat and upholstery (seat cover) removal

Post by irowiki »

Wow, really? Did they have anything else?
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

nice work, wow!
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Post by Mad_Marx »

No other Toyota upholstery, so I guess this could be the last known NOS blue plaid in existence... It took Two Years of hunting for this little box, and for what it cost I could have bought an entire car (don't ask). I think I must have called every upholstery shop in the lower 48.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

wow! that is amazing, good score! save it for that "show room" perfect restoration! almost enough for two cars too. Never would have thought you could find it.

I guess there is no end to what you might find in the pack-rat style of inventory storage of all the small shops all over the country might have tucked away. You never know what you might turn up. I wonder how many yards of that stuff ended up in the garbage bin thinking no one will ever want it. That is what happens to people that keep "neat" shops with current inventory, boring and no use to those those of us that spend time and money keeping our vintage cars in good condition.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Post by Mad_Marx »

I hope it's enough. My plan is to use SR5 seats with the DLX door panels, and use plaid on the cloth inserts like the Sprinter Carib used. I'm still looking for more, and now that I have a pristine sample I'm looking into having cloth woven.
melzy
Advanced Member
My tercel:: tercel 4wd 1983

Post by melzy »

the blue plaid is so beautiful! Wish I had this in mine. So hard to find a Tercel in the UK let alone parts and interior upholstery! Send up updates when its all in :)
lucafusi
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1984 Tercel 4WD SR5

Post by lucafusi »

Mad_Marx wrote:After two years of hunting a vintage upholstery broker found 5 yards of NOS Toyota Blue Plaid!
Congratulations, amazing score!
1984 Tercel 4x4 SR5
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member

Post by Mad_Marx »

Just a quick update to this, I couldn't use the last known OEM upholstery and leave all the other enthusiasts with no supply. So I am currently working with a textile mill in Scotland to have the Blue Plaid brought back from the brink of extinction. A 2' section of this fabric was sent to the Textile Mill so their Tartan Design Expert could match Color, Weave, pattern, and Weight. I will let you all know when I get the first batch from the factory. If you're interested in purchasing some new fabric for your car send me a PM. Sorry, but it will not be cheap.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

I might be interested, get us a price. I do not have a need right now, but it would be nice to have because almost certainly I will need some in the future. Will they run both colors, that kind of brown/gold, as well as the blue?
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member

Post by Mad_Marx »

I only had the sample of the blue to send to the mill for matching. So at this time only the blue will be reproduced. I'll let you know when I have prices.
helipilot77
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 SR5 wagon

Post by helipilot77 »

I'd love to get a peice to patch the center panel on my drivers seat. Thanks for taking the lead on this.
. / TOYOTA
./_| |/|/ |]
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

I want to make a nerdy matching vest out of it to wear while I am driving my Tercel around. if you drive a geeky car, you might as well go full nerd.
marlinh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 'Everett' Blue 87 4WD Wagon (Rocky 86, recently retired)

Post by marlinh »

And a matching plaid hat!
helipilot77
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 SR5 wagon

Post by helipilot77 »

Petros wrote:I want to make a nerdy matching vest out of it to wear while I am driving my Tercel around. if you drive a geeky car, you might as well go full nerd.
I love it! :lol:
. / TOYOTA
./_| |/|/ |]
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member

Post by Mad_Marx »

Got some samples from Scotland today, the sample in the background was provided so I could compare the fabric weight, the other samples were for color. They don't have an exact match for Toyota colors, so I'm going to have to pay for custom dye. :/. The price keeps going up, but I'm making progress.

M_M.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.