One Owner 83 SR5 on eBay (via BAT)

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

One Owner 83 SR5 on eBay (via BAT)

Post by Mad_Marx »

Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Re: One Owner 83 SR5 on eBay (via BAT)

Post by Gottolovem »

Very nice you would think they could have got the stains out of the seat :roll: .
Courious what the reserve is :?:
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Post by Mad_Marx »

Yeah, I thought the same thing... a bit more detailing would have been appropriate. Looks like the pictures were taken at a car dealership. Any idea if those are 'factory' floor mats? I've never seen Toyota mats like that in a Tercel. Any idea what those little black dots under the tail lights may be?
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

those black dots were on another mint al25 that sold on ebay a few years ago. i think someone here recognized them as places where the dealership drilled holes to spray some sort of anti-rust stuff inside. they were also in a few other spots on that car IIRC.

i wondered the same thing about the floor mats, mark. odd looking.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

I stuck up for us and against those Philistines who dissed our little guys!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Vienna
Advanced Member

Post by Vienna »

I don't think those are stock floor mats. I think one of ours had stock, but with a worn hole so we threw them. I seem to recall it being just a brown carpet floor mat with a small "toyota" embroidery on the bottom corner of it. We still have what looks like the stock rear ones from the 83 4wd which are just brown rectangles with no fancy anything.
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

Perhaps the floor mats were a dealer thing came on the showroom cars only
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member

Post by Mad_Marx »

Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

floor mats are not factory at all, the color does not even match, and they do not fit that good. likely the factory SR5 floor mats are long gone so they put these in to make it look more "SR-5-ish".

I wonder who got it, a lot to spend on a 30+ econono-box. He should join our forum!
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
rotorholic
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4X4

Post by rotorholic »

Just missed the 5k mark and sold away from the pacific northwest, would this be a record sale amount?
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member

Post by Mad_Marx »

No, not a record. There was an 84 sr5 with 20k original miles that went for around $11k on ebay a few years ago. So far that's the highest I've seen. I try to keep a record, and screenshots of this type of thing for insurance purposes.
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member

Post by Mad_Marx »

I should add that, while the forum is a good place to get a good general idea of market value, I don't like to discuss money. I think a thing (any "thing") is worth whatever you're willing to pay for it, but a person needs to do their homework and avoid getting scammed. For THAT, this forum and it's members are above and beyond Value.