My hammer is bigger than yours

Look around here for some great advice on getting the most out of your tools! Tips and tricks!
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

My hammer is bigger than yours

Post by splatterdog »

Ended up needing a 25 foot trench beneath my basement to get at some sewer pipes. I hate dealing with rentals and with not knowing exactly what was in store for me I bought brand new. Only because 2 different knuckleheads on c-list didn't want my cash I waved in their face for over a month .Got some other projects in store, now that I'm tooled up. I figure the 1600 spent to save 16000 having someone else do it was well worth it. Can always sell it when done...

DLB- I know you are currently in a similar predicament with the flush gun. Just get it! You could probably recover the costs fairly quickly by becoming the craigslist coolant flusher in your area. It wouldn't take too many personal heater core saves to make it worthwhile as well. Or just solve your heater core problems and go back to VW busses! haha
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: My hammer is bigger than yours

Post by Petros »

I prefer the cordless hammer my self.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

Ha! From harbor freight right? I considered their demolition hammers or the many other cheap Chinese ones available on Amazon. I just couldn't do it, plus one of my other projects is driving a shallow well. I got this for that job-http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-HS2126-Brea ... bosch+tent They had a deal last month that almost made the shank for it free. Also got the 6x6 tamper, again with an almost free shank. The availability of adapters influenced the decision to get the real deal.

Plus the two guys selling used ones that left me hanging the weekend before Christmas, when the project begins the day after. I'm on Amazon Prime, so 1 day shipping was $25! Project began on schedule and we can wash clothes and dishes again and for many years now.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

yes, the Harbor Freight one is great! but for serious work I think the cordless hammer shown below is much more druable:

'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

Amen to Amazon Prime!