...the riddle.....

Post here about...well...anything!
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

takza wrote: "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
Good ol' Bilbo...
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
Carguylen
Top Notch Member

Post by Carguylen »

Kinda like what George Carlin said about how stupid people are:
"Remember how stupid the avarage person is, and then think that half of them are stupider than that" Very funny
Toyota's_Abortion

Post by Toyota's_Abortion »

takza wrote: "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
If this is to be taken literally. Half of half is one quarter. Bilbo knows 75% of the hobbits but only likes 25% ot them? I don't get it and probably won't untill I get my hands on that herb they are always smoking.
Sould have bought a Datsun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

I think you know now why all the hobbits at Bilbo's birthday party sat around going 'Huh?'

If I can attempt to understand this, he knows about half as much about half the hobbits (and there were 144 at his birthday party, from recollection) as he would like. He likes less than half of them as well as they deserve.

Yup. I understand that. He doesn't know as much as he'd like about half the hobbits and doesn't like less than half of them.

Speaking of hobbits, what did everyone think of the movies?
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"
ghettomobile
Advanced Member

Post by ghettomobile »

What movie is Bilbo and the Hobbits from? Are the from one of those acid induced movies such as Alice in Wonderland, The Neverending Story, or the Labyrinth? Some of the quotes in those movies, as well as the movies themselves are hard to understand unless you on acid, or in the case of Pink Floyd's The Wall, you must be high as a kite to understand it. :wacko:
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

*shakes his head in sadness*
Peter Jackson is out to get you now...

Bolbo and the Hobbits are from the Lord of the Rings.
The scene we're referring to is from the Fellowship of the Rings.

You know, I walked into an EB Games store the other day and saw an xBox copy of Fight Club on the counter.
I commented that it was now a video game and how far endorsements had come from the book.
The two goateed 'cool' people behind the counter looked at me blankly and said
'It's a book?"
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"