TVSV Pricing & Source

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

I thought I'd add this about the TVSV:
Most Toyota dealers (at least on their sites) have a common price for this item (which at least for the 1986 SR5 has a part number of 9092502076) of $108.63. I hit 5 or 6 sites last night, as well as called 4 dealers in STL today.
For you in the Pacific Northwest (or elsewhere, too) check out http://www.autopartspeople.com. It is a consortium of many different brand dealers in the PacNW. Click on the various names to get the Toyota info.
The price from ? dealer was $78.37 plux postage - quite a savings. The dealer was not identified, but the 'phone number can be gotten by request.
So I called Fusz here and was able to get a discount that almost matched the 'Net price plus postage. Since that store is in my neighborhood and I'm quite sure I'll be using them in the future, I decided to go local.
Maybe some of you guys will find this helpful, as that is quite a reduction from retail. Possibly the same may hold true on other parts as well. I know I'll try it in the future for big-ticket items that I can wait a bit for, but I gotta get this car running smoothly enough to attempt the emissions test and get a license.
If this information is already known - I apologize for taking up space.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I got a quote of around $107 a good while ago.

Checked out that site and see that they do online orders. Do you think that $78 price would be available online?

You can save some at... <a href='http://www.toyotadiscountparts.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.toyotadiscountparts.com/</a> ...but they charged $8 to ship 3-4 oz of small parts a couple hundred miles....and sent the wrong axle seals.

Will be looking for an emergency brake cable soon.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

The $78 price is good online, as I got as far as the last ordering info sheet (credit card number), when I decided to try my luck locally.
An interesting note is that when I drilled through to the various categories looking for the TVSV, I could not locate anything like it, even using various permutations of the spelled-out TVSV words. It did not identify the part or price until I had typed in the official part number, which apparently is hard to get from at least some Toyota dealers. I encountered the same when I was looking for the preformed PCV tube two weeks ago-wound up calling the local dealer to order it.
So - apparently on some small demand items one needs the part number. The site does have a space in which to ask questions, though.
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Enclosed is a message I received today from the source mentioned in earlier posts, with links.
Tom M.
Hi Thomas,
Thanks for your inquiry. The valve is $108.63, but with our online discount your cost is only $78.37. We have set this up for you in our special order section. If you are interested in ordering, just return to http://www.toyotapartspeople.com and click on “Special Ordersâ€Â
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
dug320
Top Notch Member

Post by dug320 »

I wish I knew about the pricing and where to get the part.

Toyota dealers in Vancouver where not the best for customer service in tracking down a reasonable price for that part. The price was much higher than converting 78.37 into Canadian Funds.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

ARCHINSTL wrote: Thanks for your inquiry. The valve is $108.63, but with our online discount your cost is only $78.37.
That is a good price for that part....saves 29%. Still overpriced for what it is...but beats no part at all.

There are some online sources for OEM part numbers...I think...just didn't pay attention to how it was done.

I've been ordering some parts from various places lately...out of 5 orders...3 had either some wrong parts or defective parts.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...