National PicknPull Site

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

National PicknPull Site

Post by ARCHINSTL »

http://www.picknpull.com
This is courtesy of toughtercel from a while back - XLNT resource!
You can search the company's stock by location and distance.
I did not know it was a company that had yards across the USA and Canada; I though "picknpull" was just a generic name.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
danzo
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '86 SR5 6 speed

Re: National PicknPull Site

Post by danzo »

Those are my favorite local yards to patronize, my area has 4 P'n'Ps. They are the most organized, get fresh cars constantly, have decent prices esp when you hit their sales, and will give cash back on returns within a month. If you go to the "car search" feature it will tell you what/how many of a given model, where it is in the yard and exactly when they received it.

It's almost scary how hi-tek they are if you're old enough to remember the pre-computer days. Twenty years ago you would ask a yard employee if they had a certain car and, after a healthy swig off his Natural Light tall boy, he would bark "check yourself, kid, and try not to piss on the cars". Good times!
North of 64
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: "Bones" 87 SR5 4wd wagon

Post by North of 64 »

helpful to a point, you still have to phone to see if the Toyota Tercel is a wagon, HB or ?. There was one 87 showing up online that the PIck'n pull guy couldn't pull up on his system in Edmonton.
speedgraphic
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1986 Tercel 4WD Wagon, Manual

Post by speedgraphic »

You guys are lucky. I've never seen a wagon out here in Denver, ever - the closest I've seen is an 87 Corolla sedan or an 85 MR2.
rwapner
My tercel:: 1983 with a 3a scv

Post by rwapner »

i live in an area where PicknPull orignated and there are 4 yards close by. you still need to go to the yard and use their computer for color matching. if you phone they can be very not helpful. However, there are still lots of early model tercels out here - i used to be able to just walk the rows (pre computer) and look at the roof lines to identify the tercel wagons. i keep looking for an 1983 roof rack upright to replace the one nana knocked off at a railroad crossing, but have not found one exactly matching. i recently pulled a carb that looked good to replace my original, but it had been sitting too long and needed a good cleaning. it seems like just this year 1983 is too old for the pnp's but the 3ac models are still there now and again.
gnarnold
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 SR5 4x4 with a tummy tuck and a nose job and now a pace maker!

Post by gnarnold »

I gotta roof rack (83 sr5 4x4) watcha got for trade
I used to laugh at the man with a pinto :lol: , until I became a humble servicer of a tercel :|
Jooseppi Luna
Advanced Member
My tercel:: Hopefully getting a T4 this summer :->

Post by Jooseppi Luna »

Another helpful resource for those of us not living in the P-n-P belt is car-part.com. It is used by a large amount of yards all across the country and you can use it to search for a specific part or parts for a vehicle. New England is not by any means in the P-nP belt, and so this is basically our only resource. Another thing to realize is that some of the yards are not on any sort of computerized system, so if you want to find out what they have, the only way to find out their stock is to call or visit. We have a large local yard that is "off the map", run by a guy in his late 70s -- early 80s who at some times is the friendliest guy on earth and at other times has literally yelled at me over the phone :-D.
Current vehicles: 1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD Turbodiesel with 211,000, 1994 Buick Century with 50,000, and a 2004 Toyota Corolla 5-speed with 153,000 (not mine, but I drive it)

I also have 8 vacuums, 8 typewriters, 5 sewing machines, and two lawnmowers...