Tires and Wheels?

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
bobclark1

Post by bobclark1 »

WHere I live I've got to have a bit better tires and wheels than stock.
Does anyone have any suggestions on 14 in wheels and tires. I'm planning on "the lift" ASAP.
Thanks Bob
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

I'm running 185/75R14 tyres at the moment and apart from the speedometer being about 10% out, I've had no problems.

I've got them on non-standard Tercel rims. Whoever put the rims on my car simply found a set of rims with the 4x100mm bolt circle and put them on...

The extra 1" is real handy in offroad and snowy situations...
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

Same here...14's....I have a set of touring tires on mine right now.....we dont' get a lot of snow here in TN. I snagged a set of MR2 alloy rims at the junkyard, and a couple other guys here are using the same thing. I think it was Takza posted a good write-up about wheels and tires somewhere in the forum. Check out Dirtmagnet's pics of his car in the Gallery....several shots of different wheel/tire combinations.
1984 Tercel 4wd Dlx. - 192K miles.
1985 Tercel 4wd SR5 - 185K miles (not running)
1986 Tercel 4wd Dlx - 210K miles (dd)

Only 3 to go for the whole set ! lol
lesabre400
Advanced Member

Post by lesabre400 »

Yeah, for sure read Takza's posts. Dirtmagnet's car is the ideal, though - spacers in the front springs, air shocks in the rear and 14" mudders. Very cool. I have 15" steel winter rims from a Toyota Echo (painted silver) with 195/60/15 snows. No rubbing, sits 1" higher and has that 'stock but better' look that people can't figure out until I tell them. I posted pictures somewhere...
I almost look forward to winter now...
bobclark1

Post by bobclark1 »

Thanks for the info.-- spun out coming home tonight - got to do something soon.
Colorado snowstorms are hell. Bob
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

You are having trouble? I drove up Red Stone Canyon's gate #2 on.. Was it Tuesday with that 3-9 inches of snow? (9 in the canyon, 3 or so in the city I believe) I didn't have any trouble, as long as I kept light on my throttle and easy on the corrections. I really love my Terc.

I need to arrange a hello sometime Bob. Can't this weekend, as I have a church event to attend, but perhaps sometime between now and the summer we can check out each others cars or something. Or maybe we'll have some chance meeting at a King Soopers lol.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew