Sunroof

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

Has anyone installed a pop-up sunroof in their Terc ?? I'm wanting to get one in before spring. I'm wondering what the roof is like under the headliner ?? Are there any braces or supports I need to be concerned about ?? What kind of car can I snag a roof from and it work in my Tercel ?? There's an '86 MR2 at my j/y, and it's a nice big window.....but this particular one has broken glass.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

MJ
1984 Tercel 4wd Dlx. - 192K miles.
1985 Tercel 4wd SR5 - 185K miles (not running)
1986 Tercel 4wd Dlx - 210K miles (dd)

Only 3 to go for the whole set ! lol
Lateer
Top Notch Member

Post by Lateer »

There's a Tercel bombing around here in Tasmania with a sunroof, so I guess it can be done...
1983 Tercel SR5 with 185/75R14 tyres, 32/36 DGAV Weber carburetor, lumpy cam and upgraded Pioneer sound system. Veteran of several fire seasons (with the scars to show it) and known as "The Racing Turtle"
hornett22
Top Notch Member

Post by hornett22 »

do not get a used sunroof.i do not think they are that much installed and you need the warranty if it leaks.
there is only one jeep.and that is one too many!
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

Thanks, Steve...probably a good idea. The ones I've seen at the junkyard were pretty cheap from the start....quality-wise, that is. However, there is an '86 MR2 with sunroof ......except the glass is shattered. It's a nice big window, though...would be awesome to have one of those in the terc !! :)
1984 Tercel 4wd Dlx. - 192K miles.
1985 Tercel 4wd SR5 - 185K miles (not running)
1986 Tercel 4wd Dlx - 210K miles (dd)

Only 3 to go for the whole set ! lol