1983 T4WD- SR5

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD with some SR5 equip

1983 T4WD- SR5

Post by toughtercel »

1983 AWD Tercel SR5 wagon - $600 - I went to look at the (rusty) car , the seats are great and orginal , no holes and tires I think are good BUT it also has 4X4 thing on the top of dashboard ( information on steep grade angle ) , It has a tag good till Aug 2011 , it run shity ( no spark on # 2 cylinder) might be easy to fix before drive away but driveable.
I offer him $200 cash , he accept my offer as whole car but I can't drive it home . If any one interest 50/50 , I just take Tranmssion and you can have the rest .
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member

Re: 1983 T4WD- SR5

Post by toughtercel »

Thought I had a lifter knock but now I think it might be more than that. Haven't the money or ability to fix it myself. I love this car, it is wonderful in the snow and great on gas. Will consider any honest, reasonable offer. Tires good, interior good. 509-554-4195

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 0 image
P.S. I try copy/paste Craigslist , it did not work so please help you self in " Bellinham, Mt-Vernon ,WA " thanks
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

Here is picture;

'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

bruce, i'll buy the clinometer off of you if you don't want it. how much would you want for it? is it a dark blue interior?
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by toughtercel »

davidlucasbarnes wrote:bruce, i'll buy the clinometer off of you if you don't want it. how much would you want for it? is it a dark blue interior?
Thanks for the pictures "Petros"
This Clinometer 's color is gray and it working , I drove the car , here what happen .
** I went to see the car last week if no sale then he plan to send it to Auto wrecker ( possible at Arlington ) I ask if I could buy parts but he said there a private school right across the street and they did complain while he was repairing the car in the past ,so my sale the whole car ,(great seats, Transmission good, etc, so I offer him $200 (accept) then I ask my wife if I could bring it home for parts ( first she said alright then later no then add GRRRRRR at me ).
So that why if some one in Washington near by might be interest or help .
P.S.I will be busy till tonight(11 pm ) I will call him tomorrow morning if there taker,and send to auto wrecker.
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by toughtercel »

well no one considering 50/50 on parts car, Hey Petro you might as well buy the car ( oh the driver seat has tiny holes but excellent transmssion very smooth shifting ) , T4WD not far from your place .
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

I emailed the seller off of craig's list ad and did not get a response, so he either sold it or is just ignoring me. I told him I can not buy it until I get back from Texas, so maybe he is holding my email to see if he sells it before than.
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by toughtercel »

Well like I ask you Petros , I can help you deliever T4WD to your place before you go to Texas ,AS 50/50 at cost so you can save more money , and if that in case we can talk about parts what I can have or not .
I know there some other T4WD member who really want parts car but don't want to pay $200 - $500 which only need couple parts and waste them all, it just an idea I am trying to help and understand the system.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

I was considering fixing the engine, and if the rust is not too bad, clean it up and selling it as a daily driver. I would be a shame to part out a fixable Tercel because of a head gasket or broken valve. I have parted out several Tercels, and other cars, it is a lot of work to get rid of the hulk that is left, not sure it is worth the effort. Very time consuming.
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by toughtercel »

toughtercel wrote:1983 AWD Tercel SR5 wagon - $600 - I went to look at the (rusty) car , .
PETROS. I'd mention the word "RUSTY", that car isn't worth fixing to become daily driver, I have seen the car . All those Tercels at Arlington auto yard were far better body conadtion than this .
Maybe you just got so use with Washington's Automoblies .The area at Mountain/ Middle /Eastern USA and Canada are rust bucket cars.That why I am amaze to see Washington's T4WD are in excellent cond. when they all turning into 30 YEAR OLD.
I 'm not going to argue with you , it a shame that someone let the good value parts go by "not the car", If there some rusty/beater parts car for sale in my area , I would be glad to help and share weather 2,3 or 4 people split the cost to buy the parts car ,I have lots of parts which I don't need but few more extra.
In this "TERCEL 4WD FORUM" should try more often , for Example $ 300 for parts car ,split in 3 ways is $100 but one person willing to put their drive way and strip it in a day with 3 guys all the same time and junk it on the next day.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

I just thought I would like to see it before I thought it was not worth fixing. It may indeed be not worth saving, if that is the case the car spilt three ways (or even two ways), and stripped and junked in one day, may be the thing to do to it. Even my wife might agree to that if it is going to be gone in one day. Right now I will not be able to be there for 2 weeks, since I will be "cooling off" in Texas the rest of the week and next.

This would be worth while since it appears I can use as many Tercel4wd parts as I can get since there is both a ready supply of good Tercel4wd fixers and an eager market for them. Since I intended to stay married, I just can not leave parts cars lingering on our property for more than a day or two. Once I get my "greenhouse" shop built we can store them out of sight, but I only have room for one car out of sight right now. In our area I can build up to 1000 SF greenhouse without a building permit (which means I do not have to meet building code), I do not think there is a restriction on how it is used-it is a green house if the walls and roof are made of translucent material. Which would make a fine workshop as far as I am concerned.