Proud T4WD owner from Norway

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: Proud T4WD owner from Norway

Post by ARCHINSTL »

HVAC Control Panel Light Info:
https://tercel4wd.com/forums/viewtopic.php? ... trol+light
From inactive member waynehoc - lots of info in this thread - check out his third pix of the removed panel.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

oh geez tom, i just looked at that thread and it looks like everyone was accessing the lightbulb from the rear. if the light is all i'm doing then i just remove the dash trim from around the controls, pull the plastic handle-things off the levers, and use a screwdriver to pop the front panel out. then you can just pull the bulb out, replace it, and put it all back together. it's a 10 minute job at the most and you don't have to fiddle around in behind everything, trying to unscrew the bulb or whatever.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

dlb -
Make a duplicate of your post and add it to the cited thread - good info!
I thought I could just move your post but it did not work out.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Erlandsen
My tercel:: 86" Tercel 4WD

Post by Erlandsen »

Havent been on the forum for a while now. But now im back. First of all im happy to see that another norwegian person on the same age as me has joined. And you got tree of this great cars, impressive! And I love the work you have done on the 8`wheeler one :D

And finaly the winter is around the corner, so I can have some fun on the icy roads. I changed to winter tires yesterday, some old but never used Nokian Hakkapeliitta 2 i had in the garage from a 83`vw golf. And now i don`t have to wory about the oil leak anymore. Bought a new fuel pump and it was fixed. Plus I have replaced the old 30w front pioneer speakers with some brand new 140w clearion speakers. I have also done some paint job on it, and since i got a wrong white-colour it probably looks even worse than before. But at least the rust was gone... for some months, but starting to come back now. So im probably gonna paint it again before the EU-control in January. But im also looking for a new one, eather a car to use for parts, or one that is better than mine, and use mine for parts. Checking the web daily to find the perfect one. Actualy this: http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/object ... e=31373258 came in today and its near were i live. But its to expensive and the milage is to much.

Anyway good to be back. And it`s so fun to see them early sketches and prototypes for bird watching in the general forum :)
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

that one looks nice. can't see any rust in the pics, and it's an '87 rather than an '86 because it has the composite headlights. make 'em an offer!
Erlandsen

Post by Erlandsen »

Mine is an 86`and i got the same headlights. Plus i checked the reg number and it was first time registerd 29. january 1986 so im pretty sure its not a 87`. But i would realy love a 87`or 88`with sunroof and power steering. But they are rare up here. But new once are beeing posted on the web often. So im sure ill find a good one in a few months. And if i see that he got problems selling this one, and takes down the price. Then ill maybe take it :D
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

auto manufacturers start producing the next year's model at virtually any point of a given year (my '87, for example, was made in july of '86) but the fact that yours was registered in JANUARY of '86 definitely seems to indicate that it couldn't be an '87. wild! you damned europeans have all the luck when it comes to these cars!
Erlandsen

Post by Erlandsen »

Haha. Well, personaly i would love a SR5 but we only got the 4X4. Plus i like the american bumpers. And i also don`t see the point by us having light washers here, and not wipers to remove the snow from the headlights. They are foul of snow after a little while of driving tho :roll:
Kapteinmoby
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 87 (85 look) Tercel 4wd wagon, 85 Tercel wagon 4WD (Blå), 85 Tercel wagon 4WD Amfibious (Tvillingen) previous: 86 Tercel wagon 4WD

Post by Kapteinmoby »

yea, but my mom dont allow me to have more than one car parked at home :P and this summer i made myself a garage/sparepart shed for the twin and all the spareparts from the old terc. so if you need parts, ta kontakt :D and if you like the 8wheel action you should se the youtube video i made, link is on the thred i started :D
Current: 87 Tercel 4wd wagon, 98 Toyota avensis 1,6 4a-fe, 85 Tercel wagon 4WD amfibious (tvillingen)

Former: 85 Tercel wagon 4WD (Blå), 86 Tercel wagon 4WD 87 Opel Corsa A 1.3, 84-88 Toyota Carina II 1.8, 93 Opel Vectra A 2.0 and 68 Mercedes-Benz E 200.