Proud T4WD owner from Norway

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: Proud T4WD owner from Norway

Post by dlb »

tom, you're crazy. what else would you put ketchup on?
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Hamburgers - YES!----- :D
French fries - NEVER!---- :shock:
Bacon sammywiches - YES! :D
Onion sammywiches - YES!-- :D

Note that the last item is a Tom-delicacy and not common in STL (nor beloved by my daughters or gkids).
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Hey! The guy is operating in a foreign (to us) language...so you guys are going off the deep end?

The people in the middle of the US are just plain weird? Nobodies found an explanation for it. But we tolerate them.... :mrgreen:

If you MANUALLY move that heater valve...you might get the coolant to flow through the heater core.

That oil leak is major...will need to pull the air cleaner off to get a good look at where it's coming from.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Erlandsen
My tercel:: 86" Tercel 4WD

Post by Erlandsen »

It seems like my uncle got an toyota heater from a hiace(i think). So im gooing to try that one, and hope it works. It is so cold outside right now, and I also got a lack of time so i havent had any opportunety to look on the oil leak, but thats okey, i like refilling oil a few times per month. At least the car got new oil all the time :D

I guess the car will be back on the road again next week, can`t wait since im taking the freaking bus right now..
Erlandsen
My tercel:: 86" Tercel 4WD

Post by Erlandsen »

I am pleased to announce that my Tercel is back on the road again. I have bought a new heater from an old Corolla, and a brand new muffler that I got on after a few hours of work.

I also found a quick and easy way to transport my skis as shown in the picture :P

Does anyone know if it's meant to be light on the heater switches?
Kapteinmoby
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 87 (85 look) Tercel 4wd wagon, 85 Tercel wagon 4WD (Blå), 85 Tercel wagon 4WD Amfibious (Tvillingen) previous: 86 Tercel wagon 4WD

Post by Kapteinmoby »

Hei, i've just joined this site, as the third Norwegian person as fare as I could see on the memberlist :D just wanted to let you guys know I'm in :P
I'm also a big Tercel 4WD fan, and the proud owner of thre, its a big part of my childhood, and they are the best off road(or on bad norwegian ones) in there class that i know about! 8)
BTW. I'm from a municipality(google translate) called Agdenes(in sør-Trøndelag county) with under 2000 innhabbitons :P

ps: sorry for bad spelling.

Hei til deg fra Harstad også, jeg sliter litt med oljelekkasje på Tercelen, men jeg trur toppakkninga har gått sånn delvis til H.. :P
Current: 87 Tercel 4wd wagon, 98 Toyota avensis 1,6 4a-fe, 85 Tercel wagon 4WD amfibious (tvillingen)

Former: 85 Tercel wagon 4WD (Blå), 86 Tercel wagon 4WD 87 Opel Corsa A 1.3, 84-88 Toyota Carina II 1.8, 93 Opel Vectra A 2.0 and 68 Mercedes-Benz E 200.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

awesome, nice to have more scandinavians in the group! post some pics of your terc, kapteinmoby. i'm curious to see them because they are slightly different from ours in north america.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Welcome to the Club!
Photos, please - so we in North America can drool over your Euro-spec front bumpers!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Kapteinmoby
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 87 (85 look) Tercel 4wd wagon, 85 Tercel wagon 4WD (Blå), 85 Tercel wagon 4WD Amfibious (Tvillingen) previous: 86 Tercel wagon 4WD

Post by Kapteinmoby »

Haha, I understand your taste :D will take some pics some day, but now i have two flatt tyers, so i will fix them first :P
quite psyked about this forum and to get in to it :D
Current: 87 Tercel 4wd wagon, 98 Toyota avensis 1,6 4a-fe, 85 Tercel wagon 4WD amfibious (tvillingen)

Former: 85 Tercel wagon 4WD (Blå), 86 Tercel wagon 4WD 87 Opel Corsa A 1.3, 84-88 Toyota Carina II 1.8, 93 Opel Vectra A 2.0 and 68 Mercedes-Benz E 200.
Kapteinmoby
Advanced Member

Post by Kapteinmoby »

here is some pics of my three cars :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

interesting, they all have the extra turn indicator light located just above and behind the front wheel well, just like that terc in vancouver, bc that one of our new members bought. i guess it was a european option.
Kapteinmoby
Advanced Member

Post by Kapteinmoby »

maybe, i'ts a lot of differences between the continents, thats wierd :P I was just out driving a bit rough :D over ditches, off the road on to the field and upp again, i LOVE Tercel 4WD!!! here i have some wise words :)

"If you fall in love with a machine there's something wrong with your love life. If you worship a machine there is something wrong with your religion."

-Lewis Mumford

"Maybe you can't love a machine, but Lewis Mumford never drove a Tercel"

-Nick Baker

SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Post by SynthDesign »

Great posts and pics. It's very cool to see the Tercel love is international!
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
copenhagenfiend
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1986 SR5 4WD

Post by copenhagenfiend »

Does anyone know if it's meant to be light on the heater switches?
Mine seem to be haunted.. i know there are lights in there, but since the blower only works on high - i don't worry too much about it in my tercel. and if i pop my dash with the palm of my hand, they come on...

but all that aside, your cars are awesome! so many edm goodies to scope!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3921818/1986-toyota-

*1986 Toyota Tercel SR5* again!
1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5
1990 Jeep Wrangler

http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u11/ ... cel%204WD/
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

i never noticed that question. yes there is a tiny light bulb back there, right behind the heater control panel. i can't remember but i think you have to remove some of the dash trim before you can get that panel off, and the light is not super common. i had to go to a few stores to find one small enough.

as for blower only working on high, CF, that's an easy fix: http://www.tercel4wd.com/forums/viewtop ... f=7&t=3651