Not A Link, But...

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Not A Link, But...

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Does it seem that more T-Wagons have appeared in the last few months, in various locations and for various prices, than in ANY similar period in ANY previous year?
I wonder if folks have discovered there is actually a market for the Wagons and figgered they'd get rid of their Old Faithfuls?
Or perhaps just a reaction to the economic times? Maybe something similar is going on with old Subie/Civic wagons as well, regardless of their drivetrain persuasions?
Interesting...
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: Not A Link, But...

Post by dlb »

there's actually been a real lack of them here lately. i'm pissed because i want a parts wagon that i can strip down!
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD with some SR5 equip

Post by toughtercel »

Heyyyy David-L-B , this morning there a an add on Craigslists "- 86 Toyota Tercel 4wd wagon - $350 (Bellingham)", listed on Feb 11 th . Yeah I know how you feel about Ferry cost but that where you can find less rusted bucket car and running too ,I learn something that rusted car are awful hard to loosen bolts and nuts off the car( they break easy) compare Washington's Tercel are easier to work on , I have not seen it yet , Call them and find out .
I might go and take a look next week as long they have a "TITLE" on hand .
hberdan
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Sold my 1987 Tercel Dlx 4x4 Wagon but miss driving it everyday. I don't miss working on it, though.

Post by hberdan »

There seems like a few wagons pop up here every month lately. I think very few are for sale as semi-collector cars. Most are probably just worn out old cars to their owners, who want to sell em rather than repair em and pay insurance and registrations. I mean, most folks don't have a big tolerance for repair work, and dont do much of that work themselves. When the cars reach a point of needing work fairly regularly, owners just get rid of them. And with these wagons averaging 24-25 years old, they're reaching that point, or maybe did several years ago.
Better for us, eh?
"I'm high on the real thing: Powerful gasoline, a clean windshield, and a shoeshine."