happy festivus!

Post here about...well...anything!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

happy festivus!

Post by dlb »

just wanted to wish all you guys on here a good one, whatever you celebrate. my pals and i do festivus (from seinfeld), with all the poles, feats of strength, and airing of grievances. it's probably the best night of the whole year.

anyway, you guys have all been a massive help to me and ron in the last year and i really appreciate all the knowledge and helpful advice that everyone brings to the table. thanks for everything and i look forward to the next year! best wishes, you greasy terc fanatics.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: happy festivus!

Post by ARCHINSTL »

I will cross a picket line for a good bagel...
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
blade
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: No tercel. (stolen)

Post by blade »

marry christmas and happy new year to all on this wounder full site. thanks for all of the help on my car and cant wait for another year of joyful help.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Did no one but me (and Frank) find tinsel distracting?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

ARCHINSTL wrote:Did no one but me (and Frank) find tinsel distracting?

Are you kidding? all that tinsel and other shinny decorations and blinking lights are perfect for distracting everyone, even those without Attention Deficit Disorder. That is why Christmas is the best time of year, no body expects you to be productive around the holidays.

Merry Christmas to everyone.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
hberdan
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Sold my 1987 Tercel Dlx 4x4 Wagon but miss driving it everyday. I don't miss working on it, though.

Post by hberdan »

ARCHINSTL wrote:Did no one but me (and Frank) find tinsel distracting?
Tom M.
Ho ho ho !I had to go back to my Seinfeld dvds and watch that episode again!!
Festivus! The Human Fund!

Merry Christmas!
"I'm high on the real thing: Powerful gasoline, a clean windshield, and a shoeshine."
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Here in Tibet we always put lights on THE GREAT PUMPKIN and dance around it doing Tibetan throat singing!

http://www.mcld.co.uk/throatsinging/MCLD-khoomei-1.mp3

This year...as a special treat...we will burn an effigy of Janet N....it will also have lights on it....and some firecrackers.

We ARE a fun people. :roll:
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

danzo
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '86 SR5 6 speed

Post by danzo »

All I want for Christmass is a running Terc....stupid stock carb, Weber swap is now emminent.

My best to everyone on this awesome site and make sure you survive New Year's Eve!
It's a scientific fact that in a twin engine aircraft, when one engine fails there is always enough power in the remaining engine to make it all the way to the crash site.
emmahumpfritter
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 tercel 4wd

Post by emmahumpfritter »

I've been running my winter T4wd hard (for me anyway) so far this winter. Just today she got sucked into a ditch full of snow by simply trying to pull off the side of the road (who put THOSE there!?) amazingly I could almost get out with EL, but not quite. Lucky for me this is Northern Minnesota and the 1st vehicle stopped, produced a tow strap and all was right with the world again.

Yes! Stock carbs indeed SUCK! Big time! Looking like a 2nd weber job is in the future. Ohhhhh Splatterdog! Where are you? :)

Happy Holidays everyone.

Brenton
260K with no end in sight....
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

There is an art to pulling off the side of the road when there is snow....

* try to keep 2 tires on paved or at least cleared road surface

* try to stop on a downslope going forward so it's easier to get moving again

* try to avoid too much of a side slope down into the ditch...too much and your car might just dig in deeper?
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

funny story relating to the pulling off and getting stuck thing: once i was with my buddy in his big old jeep wagoneer when we found a woman stranded with her car on it's side in a ditch. he pulled over to help her on a really steep shoulder. i warned him but he always felt invincible in that thing and drove too far over until the passenger side slid straight down into swamp, putting the massive 4x4 on the verge of tipping over and making us very stuck too. the lady was super nice though and actually paid to have us pulled out just because we had meant well. super lame sitch. my buddy jokes that he drives like a man but with the skill of a woman.
hberdan
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Sold my 1987 Tercel Dlx 4x4 Wagon but miss driving it everyday. I don't miss working on it, though.

Post by hberdan »

I have a ski buddy that is famous for pulling off the road to assist other stuck drivers, and then getting promptly stuck himself. Every time.
"I'm high on the real thing: Powerful gasoline, a clean windshield, and a shoeshine."
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

First rule of when on a rescue is to save yourself, you do not want to add another person that needs to be rescued.

Happy New year.

Festivus for the rest of us?
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
deejay1272
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Navy Blue Tercel Wagon SR5 4x4 now with Weber 32/36!

Post by deejay1272 »

Happy New Year to everyone....Thanks for all the great info in 2010 - I look forward to a productive 2011:)
---------------------------------------------------------
Beefsteak when I'm hungry, whiskey when I'm dry
Greenbacks when I'm hard up, heaven when I die
Bluebelles Mom
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5

Post by Bluebelles Mom »

davidlucasbarnes wrote:funny story relating to the pulling off and getting stuck thing: once i was with my buddy in his big old jeep wagoneer when we found a woman stranded with her car on it's side in a ditch. he pulled over to help her on a really steep shoulder. i warned him but he always felt invincible in that thing and drove too far over until the passenger side slid straight down into swamp, putting the massive 4x4 on the verge of tipping over and making us very stuck too. the lady was super nice though and actually paid to have us pulled out just because we had meant well. super lame sitch. my buddy jokes that he drives like a man but with the skill of a woman.
:shock: Tell him if that were true he probably wouldn't get stuck in the first place. The only time I ever got stuck was in a bad storm on a unplowed road while trying to deliver mail. The subaru just high sided in the deep snow. Oh..and I dug myself out, neither rain nor sleet nor snow...etc, etc. The mail must get through. :)