KYB PRICES AND SOURCING

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

KYB PRICES AND SOURCING

Post by ARCHINSTL »

I ordered 2 KYB GR2 rear shocks from Rock Auto. Advance also carries them, but at USD 56 for the pair, plus sales tax. Rock Auto's price, after the 5% discount *, was USD 41.40 plus postage.
The part number is 343149 for the 4WD.
Ordered 0922 - received 0927 (Monday).
* "Our" discount number has expired, so I looked and got one from a Nissan site.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
4wdchico
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 tercel 4wd

Re: KYB PRICES AND SOURCING

Post by 4wdchico »

Why the GR2's? The KYB gas-a-just high pressure shocks work much better and add a bit of extra lift in the rear.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: KYB PRICES AND SOURCING

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Well - part was because of price - $72 v. 41. I'm also doing the bushings at $67 incl. shipping. Now at $114 incl. shipping for the rear stuff. On top of rear bearings and seals and reman rear driveshaft plus tires and Daisy wheels, it's been an expensive year for Goldie. And her Silver Anniversary is due this October - she will be 25...
Part was because of Highlander's anecdotal experience with GR2s on one of his T4WDs and Gas-Adjust on the other. He indicated that the GR2s would ride somewhat smoother with less lateral bouncing when hitting holes in cornering (MO has crappy roads in general). His reported less understeer with the Gas-Adjs would be really nice, but I considered the first two features to be more important.
They are replacing some low end, $28 the pair, Gabriel Guardians (now $34). I put these on in 2005, before the benefit of the Club's info - on many items.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain