Another Movie Sighting...

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: Another Movie Sighting...

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Jahmez wrote:
Neu wrote:I believe everyone here is white...
Actually, I'm half black. From the waist down only though...Sorry, couldn't resist.
Jahmez - don't take this as a diss' - but you have to read Neu's comment in the context to which he refers (the posts by a MA member).
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
SR5inAZ
My tercel:: 1984 SR5 wagon manual trans

Post by SR5inAZ »

its not a movie sighting, but a TV one. on the early seasons of "king of queens", the heffernens car is a brown t4wd wagon.
Jahmez
My tercel:: '86 SR5 4WD STRIPPER SPECIAL

Post by Jahmez »

I did, and I was just stating the facts. I really wouldn't take much here personally after all this is a forum about a very undesirable car, which I love.

James
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Huh?
Did you read the context to which I refer?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Jahmez
My tercel:: '86 SR5 4WD STRIPPER SPECIAL

Post by Jahmez »

I absolutely got it the first time I read Neu's post, he was making a valid point that the crap the other guy was spewing was just that, crap.
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Sunshine Cleaning

Post by keith »

ARCHINSTL wrote:And - this is a link to the trailer AND a film clip not shown in the trailer - the Wagon is shown at the beginning and end of the clip - ACTION SHOTS ! Click on the little tabs at the right: http://www.apple.com/trailers/independe ... ecleaning/
Tom M.
Back on track, I watched (rented) the movie this weekend. The T4WD was throughout the movie. it even put out a puff of smoke on startup. Probably automatic, definitely 4WD.

BTW, I was the only one in the family who actually liked the movie so be forewarned.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Sunshine Cleaning is not a bad movie at all, your partner won't hate watching it as you remark "What a coincidence.. that car looks like mine". Reminded me of the producers other movie Little Miss Sunshine but not as funny. It actually reminded me of contemporary Australian film, fairly bleak surroundings, quirky characters, dark humor etc. The Tercel does get a fair run. Should have had a chase scene at the end with stuntwork by our french tercel team.. and Bruce Willis toting a AK47 out of the electric sunroof though.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

Already saw Sunshine Cleaning and loved it! ;) It took place in Albuquerque, New Mexico and I spotted the Tercel at least 30 or so times! ;)
K-Business
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

I couldn't find the TV Sightings thread so if you guys don't mind, I'll post a sighting right here that I saw on an episode of Simon & Simon on Friday of last week. The episode name was "Bad Betty" and they had a blue Tercel 4wd wagon at the beginning of the show near the bounty hunter woman who almost looked bad at the beginning, until Simon & Simon realized that she was probably just doing her job! :) At first it showed the side body of the beast, then later on it showed the left rear turn signal of the beast! :) I loved it so much I'm a huge fan of the episode! :) This was played on a retro television station called RTV.. Not sure which of you had heard of this station but it was really cool and plays really old shows, even Kojak, Knight Rider w/ David Hasselhoff, Airwolf, The Rockford Files, etc. and used to play Magnum PI! :) Speaking of Knight Rider, in the episode "Return To Cadiz", there was a T4WD sighting, I think. I think the car was creme or white????? :)
K-Business
blade
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: No tercel. (stolen)

Post by blade »

ok so i know it hase been posted already but in the movie sunshine cleaning there is what looks like to bee a 1984 tercel4wd oh and it is a cool movie yall should watch it
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

In this German rap song, there is a Tercel Wagon which I will let you guys have the challenge of finding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8_rONF91Yg ;)
K-Business
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

Right at the beginning, from behind, plus they walk by it at the start of the singing!
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

There are a lot of old crocks in that yard - including an Opel GT, one of the few non-Italian European cars that rusted faster than our little guys.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

I recently watched the remake of "the Italian Job" with Charlize Theron and Donald Southland, there was a seine where they are walking down the middle of a cobble stone street with a lot of little Euro and Asian cars, and there is a glimpse of a red T4wd (I think). Even on my DVD player I could not make it out for sure, as they walk by it shows up right behind the actors, but when they switch perspective to another camera the car is gone. Not usual when they make a number of takes, and the splice them together to look like one continuous event, but is actually a number spliced together. A real mini cooper is actually used for Charlize character, and they switch to the modern ones (NOT so) minis for the heist.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

I know it's old news about King of Queens, but tonight I caught a funny scene while flipping channels. The wife is driving the wrong way in a parking spot duel and just beats the Lincoln with a perfectly executed parking brake manuever.

Wouldn't you know it, its on utube- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJh3epCiwzY