Original Monroney Label

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Original Monroney Label

Post by MootsMan »

The original owner still had this when I bought my '86 from her. I've been intending to post it for a while, finally got around to scanning it !
Scan_Pic0001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1984 Tercel 4wd Dlx. - 192K miles.
1985 Tercel 4wd SR5 - 185K miles (not running)
1986 Tercel 4wd Dlx - 210K miles (dd)

Only 3 to go for the whole set ! lol
hberdan
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Sold my 1987 Tercel Dlx 4x4 Wagon but miss driving it everyday. I don't miss working on it, though.

Re: Original Monroney Label

Post by hberdan »

I have the original paperwork on my 87 Dlx, I;ll get it out and compare it with yours. It's interesting that Toyota considered the rear cargo cover and rear wiper as optional equipment! I've never seen a wagon that didn't have those two items. And, $45 for the floormats!

Thanks for posting!
"I'm high on the real thing: Powerful gasoline, a clean windshield, and a shoeshine."
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Those items were extra-cost on the DLX, but standard on the SR5.
I recall that the the OE price for my '83 SR5 in late '82 was a little over $9000. The only non-standard item it may have had was PS (I just do not recall).
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

It's amazing how the price of vehicles has gone up through the years....along with other things like college tuition ! haha

When my dad first got into the Chevrolet/Oldsmobile dealership in 1970, the highest priced cars we sold were the Corvette and the Oldsmobile 98....both had MSRP's of around $6000 for the very top of the line with all options. When I left the business, in 1999, Corvettes were going at around $50k, and you couldn't touch a new vehicle for anywhere close to $6k.
1984 Tercel 4wd Dlx. - 192K miles.
1985 Tercel 4wd SR5 - 185K miles (not running)
1986 Tercel 4wd Dlx - 210K miles (dd)

Only 3 to go for the whole set ! lol