Watch out for this guy...

Talk about Forum Improvements or anything about the forums.
Highlander
Top Notch Member

Watch out for this guy...

Post by Highlander »

Hey folks,
A couple of months ago 'Jasons83' was asking for someone to find him a steering rack for his car. I had one on the wrecked car, offered it to him, and we came to an agreement on how much it was worth to him. I included shipping in the price to keep things straight forward. So I shipped it to him with the promise that he'd send me a certified check on the first of October (It was mid-September by now), Well, the first came and went, I sent him a PM (which is still in my outbox), and another(which is still in my outbox), and another(which is still in my outbox), etc. etc. To no avail. :twisted:
Basically, the guy took my good will and ran away with it. He has no land line in his home town of Cypress, TX (so I can't bit** him out over the phone)etc.
His name is Jason Walston and he lives in Cypress, TX. So if you care about not getting screwed, don't do any business with him, and if he shows back up on the forum, give him hell. :x
I'm on three different forums and have sent parts to people all over the country with no problem before, so I've come to trust the people that i lament my problems and share my knowledge and experiences with.
Sorry to bomb the list, but I don't want anyone else taken advantage of. And I'd really like the money- It'd help with the engine rebuild on the '83 SR5!
'83 SR5-299K, -tRusty!
'85 SR5-265K--GOLD
'85 SR5-285K-- GOLD-New engine!
'85 SR5-238K -- Teal-Killed by a DD
'58 and '62 Austin-Healey Sprites
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

Re: Watch out for this guy...

Post by garyfish »

Thanks for the heads up... sad when this sort of thing happens

I too was "stood up" by a former member of this forum... buffalomesa... sent him a PayPal payment back in June 2009 for some T4WD tie rod ends, and never heard back despite repeated attempts to contact him :(
1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

garyfish wrote:Thanks for the heads up... sad when this sort of thing happens

I too was "stood up" by a former member of this forum... buffalomesa... sent him a PayPal payment back in June 2009 for some T4WD tie rod ends, and never heard back despite repeated attempts to contact him :(

you should have contacted paypal and filed a dispute/refund.
garyfish
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5, stock; 1987 T4WD DLX wagon, manual tranny

Post by garyfish »

Neu wrote: you should have contacted paypal and filed a dispute/refund.
didn't know you could do that :oops:
1985 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon, 300K
1987 Tercel DLX 4WD wagon, 6-speed manual, 274K -- got this one running Jan. 2015 (had been sitting for 2 years); this has been my daily driver since 2016
Whitesands
My tercel:: 85 SR5 4X4 wagon

Post by Whitesands »

Sorry to hear about that. Some people these days seem to think its ok to not fulfull their obligations. I am in Seattle and looking for a left front fender, marker, headlight assy and hood, bumper and automatic radiator for an 84 2wd wagon. Anyone out there??? Greg/ Seattle/ Thank you...
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

At least I was not in this boat, but I feel bad for those who were! :( The only boat I was in was a fight between two other members on this forum back in the day which was all patched up since, but I do not want to buy from any dishonest members on here like the two of you who had a problem with two members... :'(
K-Business
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Just curious, terceldude, but did you ever make it to that AlbinoBoyzInDaHood concert in Wellesley last April 1st? I heard there was quite a riot at the 11 PM show - true?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

hahahaha, unfortunately never made that one ARCH. I guess I was doing something that day and could not attend. Couldn't tell you if there was quite a riot there since I never attended, lol! :D
K-Business
todd0

Post by todd0 »

sorry that happened to ya, highlander. i see jason is on a gaming forum, logged in today infact, he has a new laptop, doesnt that just grind your gears.
i believe i found his parents by doing a google search of his name and location. they are both realtors, and have a website, you might try contacting them, and asking for a number for jason, or tell them what happened. mom and dad might not be to happy about that. hope this infor might help ya.

http://zh.xfire.com/profile/my85suprat/

http://www.pamwalston.com/
danzo
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '86 SR5 6 speed

Post by danzo »

Jasons83 ..... stay at home dad, plays video games while his babymama works - sounds like a real winner. His phone number is 832-220-6457 as found in his "celicasupra for sale" posts. But don't expect it to remain this number, ilk like him changes contact info frequently.

Happy New Year everyone!
It's a scientific fact that in a twin engine aircraft, when one engine fails there is always enough power in the remaining engine to make it all the way to the crash site.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Frankly, I'd say go for it with his parents. Since you will be telling the story truthfully, I don't think there is anything illegal being done. You may not get any money out of it, but at least you will get the satisfaction of telling them what a rotter their son is (or maybe they know already...).
Way to go, danzo and todd0!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Jasons83
My tercel:: 1983 soon not to be stock

Post by Jasons83 »

First off I've been separated from my wife for a few months. I just got back with her over the christmas holiday. 2nd My parents aren't realtors . My mother is retired and my father drives trucks they have been divorced since I was 2 years old.
I dont know where some of you guys are getting info like that
Im a stay at home father because my wife makes a lot more money than I did when I was working making 60k a year. I just ran into hard times and if you guys cant understand that Im sorry.
I think its a noble thing to be the one to raise your kid and not have someone else do it. I stay at home also because its over 250 dollars a week for infant daycare.
I sent a pm asking him to call me. We do have a land line and its always on.
I told him thank you for helping me out and that I would get him the money as soon as possible.
If it wasn't for him I would have been living on the streets not being able to drive my car. I had no intention of having it drawn out this long.
And Im posting a formal apology as it were just to try and clarify the whole story.
davep1968
My tercel:: 86 SR5

Post by davep1968 »

So where is your apology? Sounds like a lot of excuses without any substance to me.
Balanced on the biggest wave, you race towards an early grave.
Jasons83
My tercel:: 1983 soon not to be stock

Post by Jasons83 »

Jasons83 wrote: I had no intention of having it drawn out this long.
And Im posting a formal apology as it were just to try and clarify the whole story.
there?
blade
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: No tercel. (stolen)

Post by blade »

oh just give jason83 a break i don't know the guy but hard times come andgo yes he should have tryed to comunicate but people make mestaks just give him a brake dont hould a grudge.