What is your production number?

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD with some SR5 equip

Re: What is your production number?

Post by toughtercel »

well , it must be tough to figure out because of large number of toyota built , there a hint about production , on those long vin number from the start to 8th to 10th digital letters might be different , becasue for AUSTRALIA / EUROPE / AISA/ and other place they all have different digital leters for example ,JT2AL32W2D#######
American brand tercel 4WD is JT2AL32 WE ALL HAVE THE SAME BUT "W2D" are might be different as around the world ,
i have two amercian brand are JT2AL32"W2D" but
i have one canadian brand are JT2AL32"WXG"#######
SO would that mean at 8 th to 10th have different digital means for Americain 0 -230,000
then canadian again another seperate 0 - 200,000
then Australian separate different digit and ##### mean more 0 - 200,000 and so on that would become millionth built
just curious ??? i

i try in googles and there not much to help
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

toughtercel, my whip is JT2AL35 not 32, does that mean anything to ya?

My car's relatively spry, it's the 264,140's Turtle created judging my be VIN.

Here she is just yesterday in fact, after a wash, rinse, wash, clay, hand dry, and 2 coats of wax.

Putting on my summer wheels tomorrow, although my winter ones were nicer looking this year, I had the 'pizza box' style ones up until this winter.

This may be over anyone's head who hasn't seen the commercial for the chocolates, but:
"Mmmmmm... I love Turtles!"
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

toughtercel, I realize you are new, but you have to get used to dcn...
Once a year he posts a pix (or usually more :roll: ) of his Wagon - just to make the rest of us jealous.
To rub it in, he usually manages to include a reflection of something just to show off the quality of his detailing; this time it's a silver Pontiac (?) - a couple of years ago it was some cleaning product in his mirror-quality reflective wheels.
A cruel man...
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

That's so shiny...it hurts my eyes. :!:
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

Sorry guys, I love my Turtle so much I have to share. I REALLY don't mean to make anyone feel bad, we can all bask in the glow of reflected crappy domestics! Although now that I look at it I think it was an Impreza WRX so maybe it wasn't so bad.

I might have mentioned it before, but our 2005 Mazda3 has a tough job ahead to match up to the Tercel. We'll need to keep it till at least 2027 (and counting) for it to be as good as my car. So far this year it's cost us almost 1000 bucks, to put that in perspective that's over half the amount I paid for my entire Tercel 4WD in '01. The 3 is shiny and sorta quick, but it's had a few 'grrrrr' moments already and it's only 4 years old.

Summer wheels go back on today!!!!! I'll PM everyone 'cept Arch a pic when I get back from Mom and Dad's :wink:

Edit, a couple pics, sorry for the thread jack...

Beh! Winter wheels and road salt be gone!
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by toughtercel »

thank you for any comment
Last edited by toughtercel on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
danzo
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '86 SR5 6 speed

Post by danzo »

My '86 SR5 (built in Sep '85) is 210,963.

Love that "pizza box" term for the alloys, I hadn't heard that yet. Speaking of which - does anyone have one for sale? Apparently at some point my PO destroyed the left front wheel, so when I bought my car it had three alloys and the white spare on the ground.
It's a scientific fact that in a twin engine aircraft, when one engine fails there is always enough power in the remaining engine to make it all the way to the crash site.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

I just made a sticky of the link to the spreadsheet for production numbers. Please enter the info there.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by toughtercel »

ciao
Last edited by toughtercel on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by toughtercel »

friend of mine has 87 4WD with bad engine and his son bought another 4WD as parts car about six month ago plan to swap engine but built on DEC 1987 (as 1988) vin # reads 306,687 and it an Automantic, most Automanic appears to be on newer cars like 87 -up is that true or not .
Last edited by toughtercel on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

toughtercel wrote: it an Automantic, i look up all your cars , most Automanic appears to be on newer cars like 87 -up is that true or not .
The automatic transmission was available on all years' production.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Ahem!!! There is a SMUDGE just above the moulding in this pic! I ASSUME this has been taken care of by now? :cry:

Just thought you'd like to know....... :wink:

dcn wrote:
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

When you take the next photo of your disgusting wheels, make sure you are parked on the grass so we can see the individual blades of zoysia...the cap's Toy logo is waay too easy...
Just sayin'....
:)
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by toughtercel »

you must've spend so much time polishing the wheels , hope you had enough time to do the dishes and was the clothes too, speaking of TOYOTA BASEBALL CAP, that a newer logo (started 90's), does it have old toyota's logo picture like "eagle" on baseball cap, becasue that the 80's logo ,i have it on 83 model back then also i took the steering wheel which has "eagle logo" from 84 4WD.
swifty
My tercel:: 88 dlx 4wd manual

Post by swifty »

88 4wd wagon built sept 87 production no. 299640

Bought new nov 87 and now has 360 km on it..and sadly is getting a little tired.. The body is starting to dissolve and melt away. :(

I have spent peanuts maintaining this thing in almost 22 years i have owned it...and it is so easy to work on.. I put the key in and it just goes every time..

Other than plugs/2 timing belts/brakes tires exhaust/... the usual stuff ...changed clutch/frt axles/rad/ water pump/new cap and rotor(first time hehe)at 312km... starter contacts/alternator and blower motor brushes recently. This thing will just not die it seems...been waiting for a major failure for the last few years but it just keeps on trucking...

I have been looking for a new vehicle...just don't really like any of them...What other car has great all around visibility/super reliable/cheap to fix/impossible to get stuck and you can jam an unbelievable amount of crap into it. ;)

OK... so it is a little gutless off the line...but once u get it into 3rd gear all is well hehe.

Wife has a first gen Matrix... it's a good car but will it be as cheap and reliable as my beloved wagon...not a chance..it is full of mexican and korean outsourced parts and has a few weak trouble spots already...eeek

Wish I could still buy a new turtle....