Hello!

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
DBM

Post by DBM »

Hello!
I was directed to this forum by Nick (GTSSpotCoupe).
I don't own a tercel at the moment, but there is a decent chance that I will sometime in the future, seeing as how I have a nasty habbit of accumulating old toyota's. Besides, I live in Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada, home of some nasty winter weather for 6 months of the year. I'm sure a 4X4 tercel would come in really handy!
At the moment I own a 93 MR2 Turbo which is currently undergoing some upgrades (I autocross this car and I'm maximising the mods for my class), so it is not back on the road yet since parking it for the winter. I'm currently rolling in a slightly modded 87 MR2 hardtop, but I also have a 85 corolla GTS coupe which is my rallycross machine and winter fun car. For hauling stuff and towing my old race car, I have a 86 cressida wagon. But I have just sold the race car and car trailer, so I don't really need the cressida anymore. I've been thinking of selling the cressida for a tercel 4x4. The thing that makes the descision kinda tough for me is the lack of power that the tercel has. The cressida wagon is surprisingly fast (beating my friends corolla GTS to 120kph by about 4 car lengths), but the cressida is terrible in snow compared to the tercel 4x4! Not to mention the cressida looks really good in its current state!

Anyways, I'm not sure how much I'll post here, but I'll be lurking on occassion. :)

PS: Nick, I sent out your AE92 wheel yesterday. You've got ALOT of cleaning to do on it! It is FILTHY.

Later guys!
Dennis
icE
Top Notch Member

Post by icE »

yum! :lol: i like old toyota collections!
WeirdAl

Post by WeirdAl »

welcome! I have a modified '93 MR2 turbo as well, it's currently down with transmission issues (won't go into gears other than 1st and 2nd, and shifter moves out of position without going out of gear)
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Hey Dennis! Good to have you drop by. That would be sweet if you picked up a 4wd tercel one of these days! A stock tercel 4wd weighs less then a stock AE86 and has better gearing. Putting a 4age in a tercel 4wd would make it pretty quick.

Thanks for sending out the AE92 wheel!! I can't wait to get it. No worries about the clean up I'll have to do. The other ones I had needed a fair amount of work too. Maybe I'll clean them up and re-clearcoat them one of these days. We'll see.

Nick
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
20vtercel
Top Notch Member

Post by 20vtercel »

Nice rides...why don't you mod your cressida? It has a 7MGE in it. Find a donor supra turbo (7MGTE) and swap parts!!!! But anyway, good luck in your endevours!!!
'84 Tercel HB, 202hp Turbocharged 20v, 4WD, Lowered, Custom exhaust, Mangles Rims with Avid V4 Rubber! Hola!!