Another Movie Sighting...

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Another Movie Sighting...

Post by terceldude »

The Tercel does rule. I wish they made a MERCEDES-BENZ tercel too.
K-Business
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

That's pronounced Mair-say-days Benntz...
K-Business
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Hey guys, I just deleted the last few posts as it was kinda resorting to tit for tat schoolyard antics... not that there is anything wrong with that. I don't want to be a nanny but Perhaps we need to stay on topic.

peace
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

Yep. If something goes too far off topic, make a new topic.
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

stop always deleting my "lol", lol. Here's a Tercel from the 2006 short movie, Pennies...
K-Business
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

Ohh man, I'm seeing that movie. Hope the Terc is in it more than once and doesn't get exploded or something.

And in case anyone's interested in the King of Queens Terc:

Have they ever driven it or is it always in the background?
Last edited by dcn on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
Kumppari
My tercel:: 84 4wd

Post by Kumppari »

Dont know if this has been here already, but there is white tercel wagon in a movie "Hackers" at about 1:40 mark. No pictures, sorry.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113243/
My other toyota is a toyota (mr2 to be precise)
KB3

Post by KB3 »

jetswim wrote:I was re-watching the movie and took a photo this time.

That's awesome. I missed that when I watched it. I find it ironic that there's a Terc in that movie when the guy who first introduced me to the splender of the Tercel 4WD, is actually in the movie himself (very briefly on screen when Tom is driving the van).

Anyway, has anyone mentioned the Tercel in the background in the parking garage in Terminator 2. It's in at least two shots when Edward Furlong is trying to escape from the mall.
"It's my fault for knowing not what I should have known" ---AIC
tercelboy
My tercel:: 1985 toyota tercel 4wd wagon silver with power steering and 1985 4wd wagon sr5 no power steering green

Post by tercelboy »

i was watchin pimp my ride yesterdat and there was a completly trashed 2003 corolla and a mint 4wd
tercel in the back ground
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

i was watchin pimp my ride yesterdat and there was a completly trashed 2003 corolla and a mint 4wd
tercel in the back ground
What episode was that?? Oh man, I'm seeing that episode and XZIBIT is a very good rapper, but I'm into German rap, XZIBIT, lol!! I used to watch this show and was hooked on it as it was very gangsta!! I like gangsta and I think that I should have been on the show with my T4wd, lol!! :lol:
K-Business
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

terceldude -
Have you heard of the new gangsta group called AlbinoBoyzInDaHood.?
They're making their way across the USA appearing in suburbs like Grosse Pointe, Palm Beach, Scarsdale, and Newton in your 'hood - possibly doing an event in Wellesley if permits go through.

According to their publicist, the story is that they were all students from Choate, Phillips Exeter, and Hotchkiss who met at an inter-academy polo tournament at Groton and were busted for ungentlemanly horsemanship and inappropriate attire (sagging their jodhpurs and wearing do-rags instead of helmets) - as well as cruelty to their mounts (using icedout blingbling chains instead of whips), so they decided to start a gangsta group, as they were already being "sent to Coventry" by the headmasters of their schools - and several were even forbidden to wear their respective school ties for the rest of the second semester - OMG and :o and :shock: !

Supposedly - and I do not know the truth to it - the original name was going to be MadoffsMen2Boyz, but got knocked down, first by Bernie Madoff's company (pre-scandal) and then by the real Men2Boyz group...might be just a story, though.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

terceldude -
Have you heard of the new gangsta group called AlbinoBoyzInDaHood.?
They're making their way across the USA appearing in suburbs like Grosse Pointe, Palm Beach, Scarsdale, and Newton in your 'hood - possibly doing an event in Wellesley if permits go through.

According to their publicist, the story is that they were all students from Choate, Phillips Exeter, and Hotchkiss who met at an inter-academy polo tournament at Groton and were busted for ungentlemanly horsemanship and inappropriate attire (sagging their jodhpurs and wearing do-rags instead of helmets) - as well as cruelty to their mounts (using icedout blingbling chains instead of whips), so they decided to start a gangsta group, as they were already being "sent to Coventry" by the headmasters of their schools - and several were even forbidden to wear their respective school ties for the rest of the second semester.

Supposedly - and I do not know the truth to it - the original name was going to be MadoffsMen2Boyz, but got knocked down, first by Bernie Madoff's company (pre-scandal) and then by the real Men2Boyz group...might be just a story, though.
Tom M.
Tom, is there really such a group? Is there a weblink to it? Also, do you think you could answer my question about the name of the episode of Pimp My ride with the mint Tercel 4wd??? I really need to know... Oh and speaking of gangsta, I'm MySpace friends with German rappers Fler and Adinalin... One is from Berlin and and the other is from Duesseldorf.... Fler has a FaceBook account and I'm friends with him there as well and have talked with him before on a personal level... He is big into Islam and Turks... I think I am one of his favorite fans.... =)) That makes me happy to know that.. But back to the episode, if you know the name of the episode holla' at yo' boy Tdude!!! You know why, Arch, cause I got your back!!! But I need to see a photo of you to see what you look like yourself and if you are sehr gangsta, lol!! ;))
K-Business
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

I believe everyone here is white...
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

I believe everyone here is white...

what a weird response to my post.... I know everyone is white, lol, but I think I am more gangsta than any of you.... Umm and the English I was also speaking was called Gangsta English... I believe we have to be more open-minded in this forum, lol... I even think that shaner, our old member was a gangsta like me!!! 8)

Neu, you're just jealous because you don't know Fler and I do...;)
K-Business
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

oh and there is a blue wagon in this movie: http://imcdb.org/vehicle_188210-Toyota- ... 16024b1c2a

and a green SR5 or something in this movie:
http://imcdb.org/vehicle_100566-Toyota-Tercel-1983.html

and in the German TV Show: Tatort, which should've been aired in the US as well:
http://imcdb.org/vehicle_63261-Toyota-T ... -1983.html
K-Business