I miss my T4WD

Post here about...well...anything!
alex16
My tercel:: 1983 6speed a/c, towbar, hitch, sr5

I miss my T4WD

Post by alex16 »

It has been 2 weeks now I have been driving my 92 Paseo around and I can't stand it anymore. Its a great little car don't get me wrong, but its just no wagon. It doesn't have incredible space, a extra low gear.. and the headroom. I'm 6'0 tall so getting into the paseo without the sunroof open is not very comfortable for me. Not to mention I'm still in the process of moving and the Paseo has no trailer hitch and No space.

I need a manual rack and pinion to bring my Tercel back to life :cry:
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Re: I miss my T4WD

Post by terceldude »

Wish I could help you dude, as I think my 83, :cry: *sniffles*, had a manual rack I could have shipped to you at least, if I had found a way to remove it.... :D
K-Business
Iain
Top Notch Member

Post by Iain »

My T4WD has been gone since Jan of this year...GO I MISS IT....but it went to the best possible home....jetswim!

-1992 TCR10 Previa LE -Thanks Jetswim-
-1987 AL25 Tercel SR5 -Sold To Jetswim-
-2000 PL2000 Neon LE -Sold to spencersummerfield-
-1999 PL Neon SE -Stolen, recovered cut in half. R.I.P.-
-1987 AE86 Corolla GT-S Coupe - Sold (I want it back!)-
jetswim
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon

Post by jetswim »

Iain wrote:My T4WD has been gone since Jan of this year...GO I MISS IT....but it went to the best possible home....jetswim!
You better believe it! I just sold my 74 VW yesterday :cry: so I understand the feeling.
Just know that I love this Tercel:
Current rides: 1987 SR5 4WD wagon, 1989 xtra cab pickup 22RE 5spd 4X4
alex16
My tercel:: 1983 6speed a/c, towbar, hitch, sr5

Post by alex16 »

SHES BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooo happy to finally be back behind the wheel of a mini tank. I installed my new rack and pinion, which I must say was extremely easy, out of the 5 racks I've installed in my life this was the quickest (30-45minute install time). I took her out off roading the same day, I had a blast too, I am still a noob when it comes to off roading but I had an experienced off road driver with me, I learned the hard way to keep the window up :lol:

I have pictures and I'll try to upload them soon. Everyone always jokes around about how I have designer name seats in my car :oops:

Does anybody know where the thread about lifting the tercel is at? I would like a 3'' lift, I am going to be getting some 15'' wheels with some Michelin LTX's for good all around use, I'm also planing on a warn 3,000 winch, HID headlights, roof rack with 4 forward 2 rear 100w lights. I've got some P195-50R13's on my stock wheels for climbing gear ratio, hopefully the 15's won't kill my EL gear too much when it comes to climbing. I've also got a spare carb and a tig welder, I believe the stock carbs are made out of aluminum so I might weld on a adapter to allow me to connect a snorkel. Any off roading advice welcomed.
'