Member Profiles

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
yam yam

Post by yam yam »

Handle:
Yam Yam

Location (City, State/Prov, Country):
Honolulu, HI. United States

Tercel(s) owned and modifications done, pictures of Tercel(s) owned (with license plate blurred out):
Here's my '84 Deluxe wagon(2wd), full of fireworks(It was December 31st when I took this pic) and my old laptop.
Originally bought brand new back in 1984 (Big Island Toyota) by my grandma's neighbor(I have the original window sticker still! I'll scan it for everyone to see later: hahah, it cost about $7,000 brand new). My grandma bought it from her back in '98: It had 70,000 miles on it. The only modifications are window tint, new fluids on a timely basis, and stuff that needs to be changed every X0,000 miles(Timing belt, tires, bearing grease, spark plugs, filters, etc...) Well, except for some things. Some stuff should get changed though. I'm surprised even the factory original Koito headlights haven't burned out yet. The factory struts are getting leaky and spongy. Big mahalo for you guys for providing in depth support on repairs. Thanks to you guys, I replaced my front halfshafts, adjusted valve lash, and I'm planning to do a decarboning.

She recently hit 100,000 miles. I just HAD TO HAVE A CAMERA for this HISTORIC EVENT (I think only a few people would know the feeling) :)
The only thing I wish this car had was the 1) Manual Transmission, 2)That awesome two stage A/C, and 3)Something else other than the National(old Panasonic) AM radio. That's okay, the beauty of this car is that it's all function and no form. I LOVE IT!

Other cars currently owned:
85 Monte Carlo SS and and 87 Monte Carlo SS, Original owner for the '85, and Former Cop Car for the 87 (more pics coming soon!) The '85 is my mom's and the '87 is my spare car. I rarely drive it being that gas over here ranges from 2.87-3.07 a gallon. I drive it only when my Tercel is out for service. I'll stick with my 26-29 mpg with the Tercel Wagon anyway.
DontFive

Post by DontFive »

that rules, but you drove while holding a camera trying to get a good pic of the miles turning? :shock:
Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Live Forever.
Rumrumm
My tercel:: '87 Tercel 2WD wagon, mostly original, owned since new.

Post by Rumrumm »

Handle: Rumrumm

My reason for logging on here is my white ever wrecked 1987 Tercel 2WD wagon, (bought new), all original, not driven for many years but currently resurrecting for daily-driver duty once again! Pictures to be added soon...

Other vehicles owned: (1) 1996 Ford F-150, and (2) my long-term project, a 1967 Mustang fastback
joope

Post by joope »

Handle: joope

Tercels owned and modifications done: '84 red and '87 white turbo intercooler.

Other cars currently owned: '79 Jeep Cherokee, '78 Toyota BJ-40 Land Cruiser, '81 Chevy C-10 pick-up, '91 Citroen BX 14i, '91 Lada Samara.
Pavel AK

Post by Pavel AK »

<span style='color:blue'>Handle:</span>

pavel AK
<span style='color:blue'>Location (City, State/Prov, Country):</span>

Fairbanks, Alaska
<span style='color:blue'>Tercel(s) owned and modifications done, pictures of Tercel(s) owned (with license plate blurred out):</span>

ONE driving a 83? 4wd with 283,000
TWO gotta swap tranny(first lost extra low gear then 1st, still drove it thru last winter)
85? 4wd 230,000 or so...nice though has a sun roof and a radio...never got around to putting one in the other 'driver'
THREE 83? automatic front wheel drive, parts car(engine has hole in it) already largely parted out when I got it(needed rack and pinon)
FOUR 86? 4wd sold to me 'as is' and I left if running and it overheated, would not fire up after that(might now know solution to that), relatively nice but have slowly been parted...both rear half axles, alternator, CV's and perhaps soon the tranny
FIVE as of two weeks ago...83? Saw it downtown, engine taken apart(top half) guy was needing money(he paid 200 took 300) so got it...it had been overheated and was leaking coolant into oil...not sure if I'll cannibalize it or procede with engine work.
<span style='color:blue'>Other cars currently owned:</span>
78 F-100, wadda give me for it? currently taking up space in driveway
Wayyy up North!!!!!!!
Mickey_D
Top Notch Member

Man, how did I miss this thread?!?!?

Post by Mickey_D »

Handle:
Mickey_D

Location (City, State/Prov, Country):
St. Hilaire, Minnesota, USA (formerly of Aloha OR, Bremerton/Silverdale WA, Long Beach CA, Vancouver BC)

Tercel(s) owned and modifications done, pictures of Tercel(s) owned (with license plate blurred out):
1986 6spd 4WD wagon affectionately called my rustbucket.

Only modifications done are P175/70R14 Cooper Weathermasters on some old Mustang II rims and a 1 million candlepower spotlight hooked into the high beam headlights for spotting deer before I hit them. Other than that it is completely stock and all original after 194,000 Minnesota winter miles. No wonder the thing is rusted out!! LOL

Other cars currently owned:
1981 Chevrolet 1/2ton 4X4 pickup (also known as rusty-but-trusty)
1995 Dodge Neon (wife's car)
1986 Tercel Wagon 4X4 SR5 (sold to splatterdog).

A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed, "To whom it may concern"!!
vinz8

Post by vinz8 »

Handle: vinz8

Location: Northern California currently, but born and raised in Vancouver, Canada

Tercel(s) owned and modifications done, pictures of Tercel(s) owned (with license plate blurred out): 1986 Tercel Stationwagon SR5 in blue.

Other cars currently owned: 1996 Nissan 240SX in black

It's been over 2 years since I moved out and my mom sold the Tercel. I miss it a LOT now. That thing was incredible. My parents bought it new, we sold it at about 290xxx kilometers. My dad gave it to me, but it had more and more problems after I moved out, so they sold it.
tonythayer

Post by tonythayer »

Handle: tonythayer

Location (City, State/Prov, Country): Portland, Oregon

Tercel(s) owned and modifications done, pictures of Tercel(s) owned (with license plate blurred out): April 1983 Tercel 4WD SR5 w/ 183k miles. No pictures yet, but so far it has just been catching up on missed maintenance.

Other cars currently owned: None (yet, but I do have my eye on a little red Subaru Justy...
CASE

Suspicious Newbie Profiled

Post by CASE »

<span style='color:blue'>CASE</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Location SPOKANE, WASHINGTON, U.S.-"A'MERKA":</span>

<span style='color:blue'>'84 TERCEL SR5 4WD WAGON PIMPSATE
-DONE'S: head,idol adjusts,vac lines, OE standard exhaust for emissions test, dash totem, stereo and 4 spkrs, fuel filter, lights,shorts resolution, fuel pump, cap and rotor, plugs ,wires, thermostat, HIC valve, vac guage,headlight plugs and half lights...
-TO DO'S: AAP diafragem, bigger tires and maybe donuts w/ origional 13"rims,2" custom offroadable exhaust manifold and good salvaged muffler, brighter half lights, fuel press. regulator w/ cool guage, salvaged hood I can cut up (for weight reduct,vents,exterior guages, dustbuster/okierigged semicharger, etc.), spray on bed liner or something for canoehauling and warm weather camping, a small bookshelf, maybe camo or zero paint job, maybe not, we'll see!
COMING SOON!:pictures of Tercel(s) owned (with license plate blurred out)(PENDING IMAGESHACK or FILEDEN RESPONSE:</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Other cars currently owned:</span>
CASE

okay,try it now.....here's the pic tags, I hope they work

Post by CASE »

HANDLE:CASE

'84 TERCEL SR5 4WD WAGON PIMPSKATE

-DONE'S: head,idol adjusts,vac lines, OE standard exhaust for emissions test, dash totem, stereo and 4 spkrs, fuel filter, lights,shorts resolution, fuel pump, cap and rotor, plugs ,wires, thermostat, HIC valve, vac guage,headlight plugs and half lights...

-TO DO'S: AAP diafragem, bigger tires and maybe donuts w/ origional 13"rims, 2" custom offroadable exhaust manifold and good salvaged muffler, brighter half lights, fuel press. regulator w/ cool guage, salvaged hood I can cut up (for weight reduct,vents,exterior guages, dustbuster/okierigged semicharger, etc.), spray on bed liner or something for canoehauling and warm weather camping ON MY HIGHLY SCRATCHABLE ROOF, a small bookshelf, maybe camo or zero paint job, maybe not, we'll see!

Pictures of Terceleral goodness:

EVERY CAR NEEDS A DASH TOTEM,
A FRIEND WITH A GRASP ON ACCIDENTAL SURREALITIES RECENTLY POINTED OUT THAT THIS WAS A TOY-YODA ?!
THE LARGE FLAT SURFACE ON TOP HAS MANY USES
THE FIRST OF MANY RECONSTRUCTED PIPE SECTIONS-OFFROADERS WITH NO CLEARANCE NEED DISPOSABLE EXHAUST SYSTEMS
OF COURSE, IT'S OFTEN CHEAPER TO JUST CRAMFIT A CHINESE STEREO THAN FIX YOUR EXHAUST
5" SPEAKERS IN 3" HOLES REQUIRE A LITLE HACKSAW AND SOME BUTTER
HERE'S WHAT I'D LIKE TO DO AS SOON AS I CAN MANAGE TO ROLL OFF THE ORIGIONAL PAINT JOB
'84!? WHY YOU DON'T LOOK A DAY UNDER '97!
IF ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS ARISE, JUST FOLLOW THIS SIMPLE DIAGRAM

NO other cars currently owned:Honestly, who needs a normal car when you have a badass pimpskate?
zabih
My tercel:: 1987 tercel 4wd

Re: Member Profiles

Post by zabih »

<span style='color:blue'>Handle:Zabih</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Location :Alexandria,Va. (City, State/Prov, Country):</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Tercel(s) owned and modifications done, pictures of Tercel(s) owned 1987 Tercel 4wd 6-speed (with license plate blurred out):</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Other cars currently owned:1989 Camry Wagon, 2000 Honda Accord,1976 GMC pickup</span>
Henry
My tercel:: A sweet baby blue 1984 Sr5

Post by Henry »

<span style='color:blue'>Henry:</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Arden, North Carolina:</span>

<span style='color:blue'>1984 Tercel Sr5:</span>

<span style='color:blue'>2006 F150 STX 4x4, 1996 Harley Davidson FXD:</span>
Jonesy
My tercel:: '84 Toyota Tercel SR5

Post by Jonesy »

<span style='color:blue'>Jonesy:</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Greenville, South Carolina:</span>

<span style='color:blue'>1984 Tercel SR5, purchased from Henry.</span>
rodsax
My tercel:: 87 Toyota Tercel 4wd wagon

Post by rodsax »

My name is Rod Saxton and I live and work in Lewis County, WA.
My Tercel is a 1987 4wd dlx wagon with a 3AC-SCV engine and 6 speed manual transmission. Its silver, but needs paint. The AC works and I am quite happy with the car. It does need some upgrades to restore or enhance performance. I have an orginal Toyota shop manual. I try to read up on the forum to try to save effort and money. So far this forum has been great. :lol:
Barry Hamilton
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel 4WD

Post by Barry Hamilton »

New Member in North Wales, United Kingdom.

Name: Barry Hamilton
Car: Tercel 4WD, 1987. Blue/Silver. D358ONA

Car is registered, MOTd Insured and Taxed, and proves most useful when my regular car, a 1998 Renault Megane 1.9 Diesel breaks down!
Current faults with car:
Rusty panels, front right wing (fender) mis-shapen after 2005 accident, paper-thin fuel tank, some knocks from front driveshafts.

This car was purchased new by my lady friend, Sheila, in 1987, for one of her significant birthdays!
She used the car regularly for the transportation of her dogs (Irish Wolfhounds) until 2007, when she reluctantly replaced this car with a Skoda Roomster, and gave the Toyota to me.