Tranny favor anyone?

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
Fingers
Top Notch Member

Tranny favor anyone?

Post by Fingers »

Hey guys,

I am finally going to move on with my auto-manual conversion in the next few weeks. I have been prepping everything to go in, and tearing old stuff out. But, I didn't make a template of the new openings for the shifter and 4wd shifter. Now I figure I can eye it up, but thought it might be better to have a template instead. Does anyone have their interior apart enough to make one for me? Just out of paper or something. If so, I'd be happy to pay for a stamp or two or to do something in return for them. If not, I will just eye it up. The only one I am really even a bit worried about is the selector hole, as I will need to drill some holes to actually mount the thing.

That's it. Thanks in advance for even reading this.

me
86 Tercel Wagon 4WD, 4AC, 3sp Auto. (2) 89 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE. 87 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE, SOLD! 68 Mustang Fastback, 351c.i.=>429c.i., 3 Speed Manual, 10 Year Plan. 66 Mustang GT350, 289c.i., 4 Speed Manual, SOLD!

Helliphino.com
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Hmmmm... How do you propose we make the template?

I MIGHT be able to get it all apart on my spare car. It really isn't hard, just takes up time to get the seats and interior out. But don't count on me until I can say for sure.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
Fingers
Top Notch Member

Post by Fingers »

You don't have to go all through that. Just a simple paper template, maybe tape a few pieces together, just from either the end of the e-brake console/cover thingie or from the metal brace behind the radio assembly. You can make them with the carpet and seats in, it don't need to be perfect, I just want to make sure I have a good starting point. I figure I can probably lay the console in and msrk approx. where the shifter goes, but it would be nice to get it as not-butchered as possible.

Thanks Typrus, I kinda figured you might be the first to step up!

Fingers
86 Tercel Wagon 4WD, 4AC, 3sp Auto. (2) 89 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE. 87 Corolla GT-S, 4AGE, SOLD! 68 Mustang Fastback, 351c.i.=>429c.i., 3 Speed Manual, 10 Year Plan. 66 Mustang GT350, 289c.i., 4 Speed Manual, SOLD!

Helliphino.com
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

So would you like it with the bucket and trim in place? Its easy to take that center piece of plastic out... Just a few screws. I can get as close to bare metal as possible.
I'll see what I can do. Again, dunno if I can promise anything.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew