I know these cars are good but...

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I swear...if you kids don't manage to get along....I'm going to send you to your rooms. No Tercels for a month! :lol: 8)
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

waynehoc
Top Notch Member

Post by waynehoc »

Ah the Isetta, I certainly remember that name, and driving my then brother-in-law's, about 45 or more years ago when I was younger than Typrus. It was a bit tight in the 'cockpit', and quite an exhiliarating drive, to say the least! Was akin to driving down the road in a sardine can; wouldn'y want to be in an accident in an Isetta - would be a goner for sure.

Have a look here for anyone interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Quite a while ago there was a local guy who had 2 of those...more or less restored them. Might have been original. Back in the 60s-70s.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

When I was at SLU in the late '50s, a girl boarder had an Isetta.
And then one day it was in the parking lot with the front end kinda pushed in and the cloth sunroof looking as though it had been cut. I guess that was the only way for someone to get out "in an emergency."
Never did hear what happened to the girl, though.
I think that someone drove one in the original "Pink Panther" movie, although that would have been after it went out of production.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
waynehoc
Top Notch Member

Post by waynehoc »

The bodies and mechanicals may be old and rusty, but the spirit soars, forever young; not only the Tercs we love, but also those of us, of varied age, who drive them. In the Big Guy's eyes, we are all the same...