I hope I'm not the only one to love my turtle this much.

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

HomeSkool -
What I meant about a replacement strip was that, to protect your doors from bumping up against something, consider adding an unobtrusive narrow strip, whether body color or clear, just above the indented area. I would think that a body shop could advise on an appropriately narrow strip.
I totally agree with what you have achieved with the removal of the big rub strips. I did the same with a beloved '86 626 5-door hatchback when two of them warped.

My reference to the Japanese Tercel was to the body color grille, and not to the bumpers. Do a search for Mattel's posts for "snowboarding." This was a picture he posted from his trip to Japan last year.
Tom M.
PS: In fact, I saved your pix into my 'puter for inspiration!
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
HomeSkool
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 87

Post by HomeSkool »

Typrus
The paint and all the body work cost $2950 Canadian after tax.
Was in the body shop for over a month, They did it as an odd job to fill in time gaps between other high end jobs. That price included a new hood and new fenders. Some drunk jumped onto my hood, It held up okay but none the less the body guy said it is cheaper to replace it than to try to fix it since the dents happened on the crease lines. It was at the point where if I left it for another winter the rust would have gotten out of hand. My thinking was 3 grand was a good price to pay to save a car that I knew was going to be reliable for years to come. These things bodys will rot away years before the engine shows any sign of trouble.

Rims and tires cost me a little over a grand. A little more than I wanted to spend but once I saw them on the car I could'nt resist. Not looking forward to the cost of replaceing the tires once they wear.

ARCHINSTL
I never thought about bumping against something, I'll look into some type of door strip forsure. I would'nt want to see my face after I opened on of my doors into some type of object and damaged my new paint. That would be a sad day forsure.

shogun
You were saying something about haveing your car lowered as much as 4 inches? Do you have any pictures of this I'd love to see it.

I really think It would be cool to lower my car. Problem is now that I've moved I don't have access to a shop. I doubt anything as intense as lowing my car could be done in my underground parking :? heh
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

HomeSkool wrote:I doubt anything as intense as lowing my car could be done in my underground parking :? heh
I work outside on grass. Even engine swaps. :lol:
mike30

great car

Post by mike30 »

it look's great, you are in the correct place if you love your tercel...
Tercel White 4Wd '83 a friend.
TOYOTA don't use it, mistreat it.
Visita mi blog en español:
http://tercel4x4.blogspot.com/
JOE
Advanced Member

Post by JOE »

I really like the rims. When I was picking rims I actually had 19" rims to try.
That was to big though. Come to any hill and you had no torque!!! Eventually stuck with 14" 195/60. Nice rim, smooth ride and as close to
original revs/km as stock. I did the same body work to my car last year, didn't cost me quite so much though. Love the yellow, didn't think it would look that good. What would you have done if you didn't like it???lol.
1985 4wd 493000kms. Semi-retired since 1990 Corolla SR5 4wd purchase. 174000kms.