Looking at a car to supplement my 2WD wagon...

Post here about...well...anything!
neonsport
Top Notch Member

Looking at a car to supplement my 2WD wagon...

Post by neonsport »

Since I started working at the dealership, I've been interested in a Scion Xa that was accessorized as one of our "show" cars. Basically, if it was in the TRD or Scion accessory book when this car was built, it's on there. It has the 18" TRD Racing Hart wheels with 215/35/18 Pirelli P-Zero Neros, TRD lowering springs and shocks/struts, TRD stainless exhaust, AEM cold air intake, TRD strut bar, Injen chrome engine cover, rear spoiler, stainless door sills, foglights, Pioneer in-dash 6 disc changer, Bazooka bass tube, cupholder illumination, TRD leather steering wheel, tinted glass, etc, etc. The car is silver, and has only 4500 miles on it. The paint on the hood is damaged, so I'd likely install a carbon fiber hood.

Basically, with my commute (124 miles round trip, 5 days a week), this would be an interesting econobox to drive about half the time. I'd go ahead and have the a/c fixed and the windows tinted, then split driving duties between the 2 cars. I could buy a new Yaris hatch for slightly less money, but would have to give up the rear doors, and would likely end up spending at least a few grand accessorizing it. Another downside is that there's only one package configuration on the Yaris hatch right now, and they're not allowing special orders for probably the rest of the year. I can't get a Yaris hatch with factory alloys, power group, ABS, side airbags, etc.

My wife really likes the Xa, so if I can get the financing right, we'll go that route. It'll give the old Terk a chance to rest a little, and give me a new toy.