Possible new meet.

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Lollypop
Top Notch Member

Possible new meet.

Post by Lollypop »

Hey fellas, I've been here a little while, but long enough to think there aren't many members from the Mississippi, Alabama, Lousiana, West Florida area. Am I right or have I over looked some people maybe some who dont talk much?

If there are some here with me (Damn I hope I aint the only Redneck hee) I think it would be kool to get together and wheel some or maybe work together on our cars.

Lemme know what y'all think

-----Justin-----
1987 Tercel 2WD, 1983 Tercel 4WD
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

Not sure about those states, but I'm here in middle TN, just west of Nashville. I dont' know of anybody else in this area, or TN for that matter, on the forum.
Lollypop
Top Notch Member

Post by Lollypop »

Well damn!!!!!!!!!!!

Southern boys (and girls) need to stand up and represent.

I'm ready to have a Southern meet.

-----Justin-----
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

I've often wondered where the largest concentration of these cars are here in the states. It seems like from the members here that there must be a lot in the Pacific northwest, and I've heard there are a lot of them in CO. It's pretty rare to see one here in mid-TN, but occasionally you do see one on the road. I'm working on getting my 4th one, although it may be just another parts car as well.
Lollypop
Top Notch Member

Post by Lollypop »

Well my first one was the first I had ever seen and my second came from Texas. The only other I have seen is in a salvage yard. I have decided to collect Tercel 4WD wagons. I'v e collected everything else in the world (I'm a self proclaimed junque man) I might as well do it. Plus what can ya collect that is this much fun except women. :lol: :lol: (And don't think I haven't tried to talk Wifey into it either)

-----Justin-----

[/img]
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

I see 5 on average each day, other than the 3 I own. The one day I REALLY looked, I also happened to be travelling to Denver. I passed 2 on the way there, as the drivers stared with jaws agape at me going 85 in my baby, saw I believe 8 in city, passed 3 on the way back, and in town to/from saw 5. So 18? But remember, I traversed over 150 miles.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

That's amazing ! I might see one other , besides the ones I own, in a month here, if that often. I'm sure they sold a lot more in the areas where 4WD is needed a lot more, like the mountains or where there is a lot of snow.

A couple of weeks ago, I was about to exit the freeway coming home from Nashville, and this pickup passes me, and a guy is hangin' out the passenger side window, waving his arms and pointing behind him.....the truck was towing a trailer with a Terc 4x4 wagon on it ! :lol: The wagon had Ohio plates on it, but I didn't see where the truck was from. I've been wondering if they might be on the forum .
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

There was one for sale east of Cincinnatti...maybe that's was it?
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Its interesting.. I went to Steamboat for 4 days and saw none.... Just massive mounds of Subarus.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
Soutthpaw
Top Notch Member

Colorado Meet.

Post by Soutthpaw »

Maybe we should have a Colorado Tercel weekend. "After I get mine running again that is!
1989 Toyota Van LE 4x4
1987 Toyota Parts Van 4x4
1981/2000 International S1724/4700 CrewCab T444e
1974 Wellcraft Airsolt (Boat)
ASE Master Auto Tech.