Nobody responded to my "Can Somebody?" post!!!!! :

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Nobody responded to my "Can Somebody?" post!!!!! :

Post by terceldude »

I don't want to be mean, but nobody responded to my "Can Somebody?" post and I'm getting angry. I feel as if people don't like me and are ignoring me!!!!! (angry) What is with that?! I saw a newer post than this one that was posted later and many people responded to them, but not mine! What is wrong with you guys?! Please respond to my posts at some point, or I might consider cancelling my membership and leaving this whole site and looking elsewhere for one like it. DON"T MAKE ME DO THIS!!!!!!! YOU'LL LOSE CONTRIBUTORS, SUCH AS ME!!!!!!!!
K-Business
brianp
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: '85 4wd SR5, 220k miles

Post by brianp »

Well, I for one, have never even heard of those brochures before you mentioned them, much less know where to find them. :? If I knew where to find them, I'd certainly let you know. :) I think other people are in the same boat. If we can't help you, we won't respond. Have you watched ebay? Good luck on your search!
'85 SR5 4wd, A.K.A 'Peach", 221k miles!
ctishman
Advanced Member

Post by ctishman »

Don't pull that "disgruntled customer" bullshit. You don't pay for your membership, none of us do. We're not here to render a service to you. We're here because we love our tercs and enjoy talking about them. If we can help you find X obscure brochure, we will. If we can't help you, we can't. simple as that. If you no longer enjoy this, go ahead and search for help elsewhere.

P.S. I was personally indifferent to you before, but I dislike you now. Happy?
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Hey Tercel Dude,

Nothing personal, Everyone here has had a few posts unanswered. I have had a couple not replyed to where I have mentioned the Australian brochures being available on ebay.com.au

I checked yesterday and there was no brochures available there, but if some turn up I will PM you.

I guess at the end of the day the main priority is to help those queries of a more technical nature and keep these cars on the road.

Cheers

Matt
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Calm the heck down man.... Seriously... As much as I hate to say it, my 14-year-old sister has more control than you.
I have been here for over a year. I have posted over a thousand posts. I have had posts, on many, many occasions where noone will answer, until I ask for any feedback, whether it helps me or not. Theres the point. Ask if anyone read it, don't start whining.
If someone posts asking about the tensile strength of the iron in our blocks, I can't help them. If 2 seconds later a post comes up asking where the TVIS is, I can help them.
I don't know if for some insane reason it's wrong to think this, but just because I can't help you, or ctish, or tercel4wdrules, or even takza on a specific issue, DOES NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES mean I will sit and whine over not being able to help them rather than go and help those I can.
Not everyone has answers to your questions, and unless you politely opt them to say they don't know, they won't say anything.
How could you have handled this? You could have posted a reply to your orig post asking something like, "Hello?" or perhaps, "Anyone have some input?" Not, "I WILL CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP BECAUSE YOU WON'T TALK TO ME!"
Look, if I left today and never posted again, the world would keep rotating. Things would go on just fine. If takza left, we'd keep going. Doesn't mean we won't miss the other persons contribution, but we will not go and cry ourselves to sleep over losing the FREE subscription of anyone.

Sorry if I'm coming across as rude, but you are truly starting to wear my nerves thin.

Oh yeah... Go and do some bloody research on sites before telling us they can provide us with forged rods, superchargers, or nitrous. Our engines are not a small-block Chevy 350 V-8. We cannot toss Nitrous Ox. or super/turbo's on on a whim.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
jetswim
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon

Post by jetswim »

Yeah Bro, Umm I don't have or have ever seen what you were looking for. I read your posts but cannot help you. Next time you post a 'want' if I can't help I will reply saying, "Sorry can't help ya." Please try not to take it personal.
Peace
Current rides: 1987 SR5 4WD wagon, 1989 xtra cab pickup 22RE 5spd 4X4
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Hey.

Post by terceldude »

I was just upset about the unanswerd posts because this is a forum, not some place to post and get questions unanswered. Typrus, don't judge me, man! I was just upset about the unanswered posts until you guys eventually responded to this one. Forgive me for how I sounded. Still, I was upset. But forgive me, if it harms you. :cry:
K-Business
ctishman
Advanced Member

Post by ctishman »

Eh, it's cool, man. We all get pissed off sometimes.
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

TYPRUS!

Post by terceldude »

Typrus, I didn't think of saying "Any Input?" or Hello? But thank you for telling me. I'll do that next time. I think it is funny that you ironically responded the way you did. Quite ironic, but strange. Anyway, how's your Tercel? Could I trade you mine for yours or something? Mine needs a new starter and mine would be a fun project to get running again! You can do the same thing you did to yours to mine. Deal?
K-Business
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Typrus!

Post by terceldude »

How about we all make it a priority where if someone posts a post that no one else can answer, lets reply saying "Sorry, I can't help you." All of us should do that for now on. I'm a very mature guy, Typrus, FYI and probably more than your sister, but I just was too upset about the lack of responses. I was a little ignorant of what to say in response. I apologize and don't be talking about your sister in this. Don't get personal yourself, now. :P
K-Business
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

terceldude -
What you suggest for a posting procedure proposal is, at best, logistically cumbersome and time consuming and would lead to impossibly long threads, i.e., a succession of numerous "no's".
The clue as to why a question is unanswered would seem to be the lack of responses; ergo, no one has an answer or cares to reply to the content of the question, whether about quixotic quotes for thousand dollar top-end-only upgrades to a 3AC motor or the Bosnian edition of a brochure.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
jetswim
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon

Post by jetswim »

quixotic quotes for thousand dollar top-end-only upgrades to a 3AC motor or the Bosnian edition of a brochure.
LOL!!
Current rides: 1987 SR5 4WD wagon, 1989 xtra cab pickup 22RE 5spd 4X4