REAR END

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
83toybeater
Top Notch Member

REAR END

Post by 83toybeater »

he guys, umm looks like i need a new rear end. if anyone has one let me know mustangseatimports@hotmail.com

or if you know where i can find one , mines an 83, what gears are in it?
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Something like 3.5:1....... DO NOT quote me on that :shock:
I want to find a GTS Twin-Cam AE86 rear. Either that or find a way to fit a Supra back end in. Why? Well, the solid axle'd be great if I decide to make an off-roader. The IRS would be great for a performance streeter.

I can ask how much the local scrapper would charge for the rear out of an 83 they have.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
83toybeater
Top Notch Member

rear

Post by 83toybeater »

that would be great if you could ask i dont know how much even ball park they will charge.

what i thought would be great would be to have like a pickup rear end shortend down to fit , one with electronic locker :) think of it 3 wheel drive :)
83toybeater
Top Notch Member

rear

Post by 83toybeater »

that would be great if you could ask i dont know how much even ball park they will charge.

what i thought would be great would be to have like a pickup rear end shortend down to fit , one with electronic locker :) think of it 3 wheel drive :)
xirdneh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 87 tercel 4x4 wagon w/reringed engine, 83 tercel 4x4 wagon w/salvaged engine and 4.1 Diff's

Re: REAR END

Post by xirdneh »

83toybeater wrote:he guys, umm looks like i need a new rear end. if anyone has one let me know mustangseatimports@hotmail.com

or if you know where i can find one , mines an 83, what gears are in it?

i assume you only need the diiferential. All Toyota in Buckley Washington will mail you one. i got one from them about 6 years ago for 65.00. i ordered it over the phone and had it in three days.
Love those Tercell 4x4 wagons but they sure suffer from road noise.