Oil Transfer Pump / Syphon - Reference by xirdneh

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Oil Transfer Pump / Syphon - Reference by xirdneh

Post by ARCHINSTL »

xirdneh -
Is the pump to which you refer in tooltudetool's transmission swap thread in the Repair Guide section similar to the Syphon / Pump that AZ and others sell? It has an orange cylinder and hoses with a black plunger handle. It is marketed by Koehler Industries (Custom Industries at Advance) and sells for about $10-12 .
I bought one a while back and have used it for pumping as well as syphoning water and gas and emptying the washer reservoir umpteen times whilst working on the blasted front pump. It really works well, albeit a little hard to pull apart for cleaning. I would recommend it, though.
This was a really great suggestion of yours. Thanks. Amazing how such simple devices can make one's life easier.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

JCWhitney had a 12V pump for sale for about $12 recently....my windshield washer pump set up to pump gear oil is SLOW...and the motor gets hot.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

xirdneh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 87 tercel 4x4 wagon w/reringed engine, 83 tercel 4x4 wagon w/salvaged engine and 4.1 Diff's

Re: Oil Transfer Pump / Syphon - Reference by xirdneh

Post by xirdneh »

[quote="ARCHINSTL"]xirdneh -
Is the pump to which you refer in tooltudetool's transmission swap thread in the Repair Guide section similar to the Syphon / Pump that AZ and others sell? It has an orange cylinder and hoses with a black plunger handle. It is marketed by Koehler Industries (Custom Industries at Advance) and sells for about $10-12 .

not sure where i got it
have had it for ten years
seems to be a common item
Love those Tercell 4x4 wagons but they sure suffer from road noise.