Larry's tercel gets a 20v Black Top

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 tercel v20 B/T (The ROCKET)98 toyota t100

Re: Larry's tercel gets a 20v Black Top

Post by larry mcgrath »

I realy havent been driving this much ,i've been in the process of trying to get mt 49 Chevy upostered which has been a real pain in the BUT
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Hey Larry,

Great to hear from you! Headed to Colorado in about 30 hours for an adventure. My wife and I would love to visit Montana, maybe next spring? I would love to see your Tercel and Styleline.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

I'll be around .
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Great to hear! My wife and I have always talked about visiting Big Sky country, maybe next spring we’ll make it happen.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
tomeitel
My tercel:: 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4WD

Post by tomeitel »

Hi Larry, I know it's been a while, but I saw that you recently replied to a post on your thread. What did you ever end up doing about your clutch cable? Did you get an off-the-shelf one from some other type of car, or did you get a custom cable made for you or make one yourself? I need a clutch cable the same length you are running on your tercel for the same heat reasons to keep it reliable. I got one from a Volvo, I believe, but it's just too long. I figured I'd ask if you remember what you ended up doing. Thanks!

Tom
AugustusFerdinand
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 Toyota Tercel SR5

Post by AugustusFerdinand »

tomeitel wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:23 pm Hi Larry, I know it's been a while, but I saw that you recently replied to a post on your thread. What did you ever end up doing about your clutch cable? Did you get an off-the-shelf one from some other type of car, or did you get a custom cable made for you or make one yourself? I need a clutch cable the same length you are running on your tercel for the same heat reasons to keep it reliable. I got one from a Volvo, I believe, but it's just too long. I figured I'd ask if you remember what you ended up doing. Thanks!

Tom
Hey Tom, might want to check out this post in my thread - viewtopic.php?p=118059#p118059 - about longer clutch cable options.

Haven't updated the thread, but also picked up the ATP Y-319 and will install it soon, it's a little shorter than the Y-487 I did install and think it'll be the better overall choice.
1983 Toyota Tercel SR5 - 7AGE swap in progress
tomeitel
My tercel:: 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4WD

Post by tomeitel »

AugustusFerdinand wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:59 pm
tomeitel wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:23 pm Hi Larry, I know it's been a while, but I saw that you recently replied to a post on your thread. What did you ever end up doing about your clutch cable? Did you get an off-the-shelf one from some other type of car, or did you get a custom cable made for you or make one yourself? I need a clutch cable the same length you are running on your tercel for the same heat reasons to keep it reliable. I got one from a Volvo, I believe, but it's just too long. I figured I'd ask if you remember what you ended up doing. Thanks!

Tom
Hey Tom, might want to check out this post in my thread - viewtopic.php?p=118059#p118059 - about longer clutch cable options.

Haven't updated the thread, but also picked up the ATP Y-319 and will install it soon, it's a little shorter than the Y-487 I did install and think it'll be the better overall choice.
Awesome yeah ill give the y-319 a try and see if it fits how Id like to route it under and away from my header (that still needs to be fabricated) :)
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

Im running a stock clutch cable, I haven't been driving this much in the last 5 years ,been working on my 49 Chevy.