Quality Toyota spring clamps

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
Phatcat
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel 4WD

Quality Toyota spring clamps

Post by Phatcat »

Does anyone know where to find these spring clamps Toyota uses on lot of fuel system and cooling system? These clamps have a double band around them, making them have a higher clamping force. Regular old spring clamps are easy to find anywhere, but I’d like to be able to find these. I’m not a fan of the screw type clamps and try to avoid them whenever possible. In the image below you can see one of the clamps I’m talking about next to quarter inch fuel line for comparison. As I mentioned, I’ve seen these clamps on much of the older Toyota fuel system, hoses, and , coolant bypass, etc. in various different sizes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul
Advanced Member

Re: Quality Toyota spring clamps

Post by Paul »

Those look tough to find new. If your local salvage yard has some 80s vintage import inventory, it might be worth a visit.
Phatcat
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel 4WD

Post by Phatcat »

Yeah, that’s where I found the one in the image, at the yard. Unfortunately I live in a ridiculously snooty town now with very few yards close by. Pick N Pull is about an hour drive in good traffic, much more at peak commuting times. I have a box of Toyota bolts, nuts, clamps, clips etc from my many years driving old Toyotas, but it’s been five years since I lived close enough to keep my supply stocked up. I may have to hit the yard up on a day trip and stock up. There has to be somewhere to buy these quality clamps though.
MrWrench
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Tercel SR5. aka Spud

Post by MrWrench »

I have a bunch from parts cars. PM me with a list of what/how many you need and i can mail them to you for the cost of shipping.
1984 SR5. Lifted offroader with a snorkel. Aka "Thunderbucket"
1985 SR5. Daily driver. Aka "Spud"
1986 SR5. Dakar Rally clone build.