JJ’s 84 Tercel

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
Phatcat
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel 4WD

JJ’s 84 Tercel

Post by Phatcat »

Here it is, my 84 Tercel. Looking forward to the cooler weather and snow for rallying this beast.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nordical25
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 2 4wd 1987's. One with 4a, other with 3a

Re: JJ’s 84 Tercel

Post by Nordical25 »

You seem to have a very clean one. Take good care of it! And yes, offroading a Tercel is a lot of fun.
Paul
Advanced Member

Post by Paul »

Very nice... looks like it came out of a time capsule. Living in the rust belt is hard on a car.
Those headlights are interesting. Where did you find them and do they work well?
Phatcat
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel 4WD

Post by Phatcat »

Paul, yes the headlights work very well. They (Partsam brand of 5x7 LED for $45) or any other variation can be found on Amazon from around $40 to up to several hundred. These are the cheap $50 version. I had this exact set in my Toyota pickup for about 7 years before putting them in the Tercel, so they last a LONG time. Two caveats. 1) you should get the complete wiring harness that is easy to install and plug and play into our factory plugs, as Thea headlights are a different version and the pins are different. The harness is about $10-15 and takes care of all of that, and comes complete ready to install with fuses and connectors. 2) the LEDs here cast light and have a broader less sharp light profile, which can annoy oncoming traffic. Adjust them down and away so they’re not that bad. They also build snow and ice on them and require the occasional clean off in wintery conditions, as they do not produce any real heat to melt ice. Lastly, if you do it all correctly with the harness and all, these puppies can be left on for hours and hours without draining a hood battery. I’ve used them all night for bass fishing light many times and never had them kill my battery. They draw way less juice than regular lights. There are also many newer versions that have improved brightness and profiles of you dig around on Amazon.