4wd ->94 coupe

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
94 turbocoupe
My tercel:: 94 2door 5efte tercel paseo steering and suspension carolla gears

4wd ->94 coupe

Post by 94 turbocoupe »

So 94 coupe built 5efte 5 speed and paseo steering and suspension. I do not exactly race the car but I live in a town where theirs plenty of empty roads cops are pretty cool about us launching on and stuff between lights and stuff like that. Would it be worth doing the 4wd swap for that extra fun factor how fragile would the system be I'm aware the 4wd on dry pavement is a big no no BUT if you do it to go as straight as possible since that's the goal would it hurt and how fragile are the diffs and axles ?
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Re: 4wd ->94 coupe

Post by NWMO »

Likely a HUGE project that would require serious build skills and $$$. Gen2 have longitudinal engines, I’m sure yours is transverse. No “tunnel” for rear drive shaft IF you found a way to get your motor longitudinal with the transmission. Nobody knows for sure, but the general consensus/guess is the trans/drivetrain might be good for 100 hp. However, if you’re hammering it, who knows.

Chris

PS - the 88’-92’ AWD All-trac would be a more likely candidate for swapping drivetrain.
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain