Transmission bearings

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Mogordo
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 SR5 Wagon

Transmission bearings

Post by Mogordo »

Has anyone recently purchased new input shaft (particarly the inner that if worn can cause noise when clutch pedal is up), main shaft, or other commonly worn-out bearings (still figuring that out, read a lot but comprehended less) for the transmission?
I plan to try calling Locate Ball Bearings when they are open but wanted to know if someone has had success recently at all.
One who walks in shoes always clean likely walks nowhere at all.
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Transmission bearings

Post by NWMO »

Sorry for the late reply, but Robert has a great list. It may be linked under the “short cuts”. If not, I need to add it. Locate BB is who I used and most are still available.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Mogordo
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 SR5 Wagon

Post by Mogordo »

Thanks. I don't know if I inadvertently changed the settings for my account as I didn't see a reply notification and I am just seeing your message now. I have seen a list Robert has in Transmission Repair Notes, the last update date I saw was from a bit ago so I wasn't sure by now. I guess I will stick with my plan and check with Locate BB.
One who walks in shoes always clean likely walks nowhere at all.
Tercel Dude
My tercel:: 1986 Toyota Tercel Wagon

Post by Tercel Dude »

I had my Trans torn down A while back,due to a God awful Grinding Sounds while the Trans was in gauged...The Main Bearings on the Main Shaft were bad...