What Mr2 parts fit/ transfer?

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
BL8R29
My tercel:: 1985white

What Mr2 parts fit/ transfer?

Post by BL8R29 »

So reading through some talk about rear wheel drive swap…

and people saying the MR2 spindles Bolt up..

Has any one tried MR2 coilovers too or shocks in general? Could be interesting

Also, wondering this about putting in an 86 rear end and then using some nicer 86 rear suspension
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BL8R29
My tercel:: 1985white

Re: What Mr2 parts fit/ transfer?

Post by BL8R29 »

Anybody? Is this in the wrong place or something?
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

I’ve upgraded to MR2 front calipers and slotted rotors (93’ tercel ?). I also have an MR2 m/c and booster in the attic. The front struts are easily rebuilt with heavier springs if desired. I think the main improvement with a different solid axle would be getting disc brakes? I’m fabbing disc brakes on a stock rear, I just haven’t had the time to work on it much lately.

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

some have used MR2 front inserts in the Tercel, but I do not think the strut would fit, it is shorter. that would only be desirable if you want to lower the front of the Tercel, which for a 4wd would not be useful, but if you are trying to set up RWD only, lowering it may be what you want.

The MR2 front top struct mount can be interchanged, so you can get performance MR2 strut top mounts to fit the Tercel, but I think they are about 10 or 12mm lower profile. Not a big deal, but something to consider if you are changing around suspension parts.

The corolla all trac front struct can be interchanges, it is larger dia and has similar lower mount to the steering knuckle assembly. You have to swap out the top mount to make it work in the tercel, and I suspect it may raise the front a small amount since the Corolla All-trac is heavier.

good luck.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)