Looking to buy a Tercel

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
EthanDaSilv
My tercel:: I dont have one, looking.

Looking to buy a Tercel

Post by EthanDaSilv »

Title is pretty self explanatory.
Are there any being sold here?
I’m out of Toronto but am willing to drive far if needed.
I’ve looked for the last few days but haven’t found much.
Any info on where to find one is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Rednecklawrence
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 5.5 Tercels total... Not enough

Re: Looking to buy a Tercel

Post by Rednecklawrence »

Seems in this country you're looking for a needle in a haystack, pretty much anything you'll find is rusted beyond hope. I think it was by you that I had seen one for sale last year that was good, but unless by travel you mean to the states, you might be looking for a while. I recommend joining some of the facebook groups for T4 wagons, they have a lot of things pop up there, though mostly in the states
Phatcat
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel 4WD

Re: Looking to buy a Tercel

Post by Phatcat »

There’s a few available down here in the Seattle area. I spoke with a guy a few weeks back about his for sale out on the peninsula here in WA, just search Seattle OfferUp. Asking $8,000. Yes, steep money, but it does look to be really clean and comes with a spare tranny and other parts. He said he has two others. I spoke with him for an hour weeks back before I bought my 84 4WD and had him down from $8k to $6000 in minutes. I suspect $5k could take it, and it probably doesn’t need much to be a runner. I would’ve bought it if not for my line on the 84 I picked up. It is a fairy ride and or day drive down around the Puget Sound to get to him though to Seabeck, WA.